• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Macro script issues with the Invoker from DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello. I have an issue with the invoker from dota. Those who have played him, knows how many hotkeys he must press in order to be effective. I know them all, but the less buttons i have to press, the more advantage i can get.

I have tried macro'ing all his skills to the touch of a single button, using autohotkey. There is a big problem however. No matter how i do it, i cant end up with a single button for each skill, because, if i for instanse macro chaos meteor (which i like to have on hotkey S) EEWRS (exort, exort, wex, invoke, hotkey) the minute i cast it, my invoke is also casted, which means that i cant switch to a 2.nd skill like deafening blast imidiately after, because pressing S also brings invoke to another 30 seconds cooldown.

Now the tempoary sollution that i have, is to simply remove the R from the macro, in which case i have to press SRS (macro for meteor, invoke, hotkey for meteor) which works okay i guess, except for the macros have small delays, which means that i cant tap the combo with my fingers TOO fast, which ruins much of the point of playing the invoker. (though you skip the hold position issues, very handy for pressing 3x wex when chasing or running away) Also, 3 buttons are more than one.

What i would like: Some kind of script, standalone or useable in autohotkey, which detects if the hotkey im pressing, is one of my active spells. IF it is an active spells, do not include R(invoke) in the EEWRS macro string, because if its active, it means that i am attempting to cast it, not that im trying to invoke it)
If it is NOT an active spell , then it means that i must invoke it first, in which case, R(invoke) MUST be included in the macro string.

By active, i means has it been invoked and is it visually displayable on your GUI.
By not active, i mean that it must be invoked first, taking the place of one of your other skills, making your previously active skill, non-active.

So:
If spell = active DO NOT add R between W and S in the EEWS macro
If spell = not active, add R between W and S in the EEWS macro

Is this JASS programmable? Can anyone help me do this?

Level 11
Let me give you a small overview of jass.

Jass is the language wc3 uses to interpert/write triggers. Thus to add what you want, we'd have to modify the map. Its not a stand-alone scripting language. (For that goto www.autoitscript.com, but you'll have to find help for it by yoruself) In truth, any JASS scripter can modify DOTA (even though its protected), but you'd have to host, and everyone would have to download your modified version. And 99% of people are smart enough to know not to download a new version of DOTA from someone. (Goto the website...)

About a real standalone scripting language. (Autoit)
AutoIt is a freeware Windows automation language. It can be used to script most simple Windows-based tasks

Level 1
Let me give you a small overview of jass.

Jass is the language wc3 uses to interpert/write triggers. Thus to add what you want, we'd have to modify the map. Its not a stand-alone scripting language. (For that goto www.autoitscript.com, but you'll have to find help for it by yoruself) In truth, any JASS scripter can modify DOTA (even though its protected), but you'd have to host, and everyone would have to download your modified version. And 99% of people are smart enough to know not to download a new version of DOTA from someone. (Goto the website...)

About a real standalone scripting language. (Autoit)

Sorry, i didnt know that.

Is it possible to program such a feature with autoIT? Sorry for being such a prog noob ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.