• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Multiple Shots Abbility With Barrage: Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, bros.

I read the multishots (made with barrage) tutorial and got something very similar to what I wanted...

It creates 3 passive shots: one in the target and two in other enemys arround. Fine.

But the problem is the damage dealt. Regardless of the value I place on "Data - Damage per target", the damage dealt to the targets is equal to the basic attack of the hero, applied to each one.

I would like normal damage from the basic attack to be done on the primary target, and the skill data damage on the others.

Could someone help me with this?

Obs.: I'm Brazilian. Sorry for my bad writing, i'm using google translate - lol.
Obs.2: And sorry for my president too. Its a shame for us.

Level 9
Would pulverize be a good alternative for you? It has similarities, but it will hit all units in the AoE, and it does not display missile fire. Or is this absolutely not what you are looking for?

Otherwise: you can modify damage from barrage via a damage trigger.
Now you need to distinguish the primary attack, from the other barrage procs.
I'm not 100% sure what is the best method but maybe you can try this:
-Add an orb effect with a very short lasting buff to the Hero, as a means to detect the primary target
-In the damage trigger, only modify the Hero's attacks when the unit does not have the buff on him that was conveyed by the orb effect

This might work, considering the orb effect can only hit the primary target. Perhaps someone else on the forum has a better approach to detect the primary attack?

A third possible approach:
Add a Phoenix Ability to the Hero as soon as he attacks, and the remove it almost instantly, so that the Phoenix Fire ability gets off just the right amount of procs.
As the 'unit attacks' trigger can be abused by canceling orders, you would need to add a timed delay approx. equal to the Hero's attack point, and then check if the Hero is still committed to his attack.

Level 3
I'm looking for three shots with missiles to Glórienn (one Elf Archer Godess in Tormenta -> a nice Brazilian RPG world).

I'll try these other options that u brought with a help of a friend: i can't Trigger this yet, but i'm learning.

Thanks for the ideas. If someone else has more suggestions, they'r wellcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.