• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

help with adding models, skins, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i downloaded two models (and skins) and put them in my map. i restart the editor. the models still don't work. i change the filepath so it only has the file name. i restart the editor. still nothing, got any idea what is wrong? and there was no filepath included in the *.zip, not sure why... so, can you help me?

Level 9
i'm not sure about what you call filepath so...

in the zip, you've got a model (.mdx) that you just have to import
you also may have custom texture (.blp) that you have to repath after importing (because they are linked with a specific path in the model)
the correct paths for textures are usually written in the download page
if not, you can search "mdx pather" in the tool section, with it, you can open the model and look the right path to use

you should look for "how to import model" in the tutorial section

PS: when you ask something, the more informations you give, the more we can help you, in this case, the link to the model would help

Level 13
open the mdx with war3modeleditor,
if it can be opened see at the window-->texture manager, see n make the path name same at import manager,
if it cannot opened, n say BlaBla.blp not found, so you move the blabla.blp same like mdx place,
if it say textures/Blabla.blp not found, cr8 new folder n give name textures, put the blabla.blp there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.