• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Custom Model doesnt move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello there.
I hope, this post is in the right section. Im really not sure...

Anyway: I have been working with the Reforged World Editor for some time now, and have decided to use custom skins. Most I have found here would replace the normal model, but I would like to have both in the same map.
So, I downloaded cascsview to export the ingame model of an orc peon to use the maghar skin.
Then, I followed the steps shown here:
Turning model's Skin into a separate model?

Now, when I try to use the Maghar Skin on the changed peon model, it looks like this:

WC3EditorPeon.png

The green circle shows, where the unti is located. The skin stays the same at the same spot (I think its the center of the map), no matter what I do.

When I used the skin to replace the ingame peon skin, it worked flawlessly. Same for using the exported peon model with normal skin.

I have tried multiple times to reimport the model and skin, have restarted the Editor time and time again, exported and changed the model again. I have also looked through many post here in this forum, but didnt find anything helpful.

Can someone tell me how I could make it work?

Edeias

Status
Not open for further replies.