• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

edit custom pattern for skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I'm making a local files in order to use some custom models. However, I can't use custom skins because their pattern don't fit in the local file. I explain myself : I have a model that uses a skin called "PandarenDoodad1" for exemple. I would like to change it to "Textures\PandarenDoodad1". However, I don't know how to edit the pattern of such a skin with model editor.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

MDLX Converter

Convert your model in MDL format. Open the MDL (which is automatically saved in the location of your MDX file) with Notepad, scroll to Textures and type "Textures\" in front of PandarenDoodad1.blp. Close the notepad and hit Yes when it asks you to save the changes. Convert the MDL file and it will replace the original MDX file with the new path. Finally, import your new MDX file.

Status
Not open for further replies.