• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Difference between Skin and Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Can any skin be just slapped on *any* model? Say I have a new villager skin, can I just slap it on the peon's model path and will my peons now look like villagers? Or do skins need specific models to work?
Please help, thanks. I just received a whole lot of skins from some dead projects, and need help making them work. They end up looking wierd.

Not sure what program I can use to convert the models, because the cuurrent tools avaliable all report unknown format and the skins have to be opened with irfran view and then converted from there. Does anyone know of a model opener that can open a lot of different types? Chances are it can open this.

Level 7
Can any skin be just slapped on *any* model? Say I have a new villager skin, can I just slap it on the peon's model path and will my peons now look like villagers? Or do skins need specific models to work?
Please help, thanks. I just received a whole lot of skins from some dead projects, and need help making them work. They end up looking wierd.

Not sure what program I can use to convert the models, because the cuurrent tools avaliable all report unknown format and the skins have to be opened with irfran view and then converted from there. Does anyone know of a model opener that can open a lot of different types? Chances are it can open this.

Yes, you can but it will look horrible because almost every models skin is set up in a different pattern, so it won't even look like the skin you applied to it. I will apply any skin you want to any model you have for some rep. Just post the skins here and I will skin it to the proper model for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.