• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with a ,,quest``

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi...i want to do a quest like: Kill an creep witch drop an item...now, with my hero take that item and i`ll go into a region...i want that item to be deleted and i gain 1k exp...but just for 1 time to do that ``quest``. Can anyone tell something about this? ``i don`t know how can i post my trigger...``

Level 28
To make such a simple system a lot more complicated: map attached :D
The good thing is that YOU don't have to do a lot, just import the system and change the variables a little, then it'll work (or it should).

I made this a long time ago, so I cannot guarantee it works epically well.

Attachments

• Quest System2.w3x
    27.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 5
thanks for it...but i don`t know how to use variables...and i can`t undestand how it use couse i read on hiveworkshop about variables and i can`t undestand how it use...if you can show me how it does without variables...

Level 28
This is a tutorial I wrote (yet again) a long time ago.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=9hdrz8
It's not a very basic tutorial though (might contain things you don't know about yet).

Please try to understand everything and SKIP everything about "Locals" because that's not for you (yet).

You cannot create this system without variables.
You need variables for every map you will create, it's extremely useful in a lot of cases.

Pro tip: mess with the world editor yourself. Create variables, check if it does anything useful, use actions you've never used before just to see what they actually do.
Don't start reading tutorials for the very basics, that's really something you should learn from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.