• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi I'm trying to make a map but I'm quite new to doing quests and I've litle idea of how to make them. And I'm trying to make a quest where you turn in 6 items. (and yes I've looked at quest for beginers tutorial) This is how far I've comed a unit enters region X and gets the quest. But I have some problems.

Problem 1: When a unit enters region again he accepts the quest once again.
Problem 2: I dont know how to make a system that keep tracks of how many items you've turned in.
problem 3: I dont know how to make the items getting turned in when a player enters the region again but with an item in the bag.
Problem 4: The hero shall be able to get a new quest from the same person after he completed the old one.

1) Use a boolean comparison to check whether the quest is already enabled or not.
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Quest Region <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Quest[Player number of (Triggering player)] is enabled) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Quest - Enable Quest[Player number of (Triggering player)]
Quest is a quest variable (array-ticked).

2) Keep track of how many items the unit has acquired and, when it enters the region, complete the quest:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Quest[Player number of (Triggering player)] is enabled) Equal to True
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • ItemsAcquired[Player number of (Triggering player)] Less than 6
      • Then - Actions
        • Set ItemsAcquired[Player number of (Triggering player)] = (ItemsAcquired[Player number of (Triggering player)] + 1)
      • Else - Actions
ItemsAcquired is an Integer with array variable.

3) Come again? :p

Level 24
Thanks man you're incredible ;)

Anyways what I mean is when a quest item is in the heros backpack and he enters quest region again and then the quests start to stack up turned in quest items.

And you didnt answer number 4 ;)

Level 15
You can also make a quests like (Heroes can't receive quest items only like text... you can put when... WOLF dies, then you make a bolean WOLF_QUEST_ACTIVE and set it TRUE, it has 50% to drop "item" and make WOLF integer variable Wolf +1...
If he "drops that item", show text message "you have acquired |WOLF INTEGER|/Item number needed for quest... and when u do it set QUEST ACTIVE to false...

That's because number 4 was not there, when I initially saw the thread :p

Make a quest variable e.g. Quest[1], Quest[2], etc. and use the "GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then" script to check if a quest is enabled for the owner of the entering unit.

• Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Quest Region <gen>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
    • Set Count[Player number of (Triggering player)] = 0
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of quests), do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Quest[(IntegerA)] is complete) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Set Count[Player number of (Triggering player)] = Count[Player number of (Triggering player)] + 1
          • Else - Actions
    • Quest - Enable Quest[(Count[Player number of (Triggering player)] + 1)]
    • Custom script: endif
Number of quests = the maximum number that you are using in the Quest[] variable.

Since we are using GetLocalPlayer(), you can also use Count without array, but I haven't tested it yet, so use this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.