• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey umm i have another question.....how do i make different quests using triggers like get a unit to a certain region and the quest is complete...how do i do that?

Level 23
Can i recommend you study the triggers from the war3 campaign to see how the quests work? You do not even need to open up the mpq, you can just go to the altered versions of the blizzard campaign like this one:
2P Campaign: Orc 04
Then click "preview triggers" at the bottom of the map description.

Level 7
Hey umm i have another question.....how do i make different quests using triggers like get a unit to a certain region and the quest is complete...how do i do that?
Use this :-
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Quest - Create a Required, undiscovered quest with Title (your title) and description (your quest description)
    • Set Quest = (Last created quest)
    • Quest - Create a Quest Requirement for Quest (the variable) with title (Your Title)
    • Set Quest_Requirement = (Last created quest requirement)
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 2 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Quest - Mark Quest (the variable) as discovered
    • Quest - Show message to (All players) the Quest Discovered message |cffffcc00MAIN QUEST|r Enter region
  • Quest End
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 (Your region)
    • Conditions
    • (Give conditions if any)
    • Actions
    • Quest - Mark Quest_Requirement as completed
    • Quest - Mark Quest as completed
You may display that your quest is finished by Quest - Quest Message.
Hope I helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.