• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A problem with trigger - Quest Message??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Eh, I'm new in these triggers and I've been trying to create a trigger that will summon a quest message or a Game Message to a player saying: Welcome to the city of....and etc. However, I'm having a problem and I don't know what's wrong.

Here's what I want to do:

When a unit enters region, write a message onscreen saying: Welcome to the city!, but the message must show ONLY to the player who enters region, not to all players. Can someone tell me how to do this trigger?

Level 10
Eh, I'm new in these triggers and I've been trying to create a trigger that will summon a quest message or a Game Message to a player saying: Welcome to the city of....and etc. However, I'm having a problem and I don't know what's wrong.

Here's what I want to do:

When a unit enters region, write a message onscreen saying: Welcome to the city!, but the message must show ONLY to the player who enters region, not to all players. Can someone tell me how to do this trigger?

• Game - Display to (All Players) the text: Welcom to the city...
Edit; oh you ment like that, read wrong =/
Just add the owner of entering unit to a player group then display the message to the player group then remove thw onwer from player group again.

Level 7
Use this line of custom script in your trigger
  • Custom script: call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), 0, 0, "Welcome to the city!")
This one line of jass will allow you to display a message to a single player, which isn't really available in GUI unless you convert a player into a player group.

What it's doing is taking the owner of the unit who entered the region and displaying the text between the "" symbols to that player.

Level 5
Trigger: Entering new region message

Hmm I don't know how to do this...
I was working on an RPG, I've fully finished the terrain, but I'm not very experienced with triggers. If u know how to help me fix this problem, please tell me:

- When a player exits region, it should say: Entering New Region: (Region's name) *like a new land*, but the problem is, if I make a small region where when the player enters it shows message, the thing is, what if the unit runs opposite of the land that this message shows.

Example: The player goes north exiting region and it says message: Entering New Region: (and the name of the region he previously was). How can I make a trigger to tell a player when he enters region, to show a message?

Is there a trigger for example:
CONDITION
If unit's facing 90 degrees, then do Actions - QUest Message?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
These do sound like repeated threads. Please post only 1 thread about an issue.
Also, threads on how to create triggers go on the World Editor Help Zone, and threads on how to fix an already made trigger or script go on the Triggers & Scripts forum.
~Threads merged and moved

Level 5
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it...I've finally made it..

But, now, a New problem occured.

I've been trying to create a quest message about a unit leaving a Land, for example in Twilight's Eve or Defiance there is: Entering New Region: Dark Forest. How can I make such trigger? Should the region be the size of the whole land or what?

I guess the trigger is the same like the other for the cities, but the problem is the region size. The region should be the size of the land, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.