• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Warcraft: Reforged - Custom 3D Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello good people.

As a dedicated WC3-player and avid mapmaker, im very excited about WC3:R. I want to create and add custom models eventually, and I figured now would probably be a good time to get confident with the third-party tools. - I have a little experience in Blender, but I could really use some advice on where to start. Also in terms of resources, textures, etc. - Any help would be greatly appriciated, thank you :)

I have been making goofy tutorials where I do some editing with my Matrix Eater software like this one:

If you look at that same YouTube account of mine, it has some dumb videos but it also has several modeling tutorial videos. My software is not like Blender or some of the others in the field that can make new models. It's good for opening a Footman and giving him an Archer bow and Archer animations, or something like that. It's like a giant recycling machine for models, the way that I use it (like on the linked video).

But you also will want Magos War3 Model Editor alongside my software, and both of them require Patch 1.28 or before, or the build3 compressed MPQs, because Blizzard out paced us at making changes to the system.

Matrix Eater 3D Model Editor

In the video the program does not look like the one linked here.

I'm working on a new one but I didn't publish it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.