• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help regarding LOS trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, im new to warcraft 3 modding and would like to know if it's possible for a unit to gain a buff to his/her Line of sight upon entering a certain part of the terrain (via a trigger) (ex.: When you enter a building, you gain a buff ehancing your line of sight)

I've been searching a while for something that could help me with this but was unable to find any help. I hope some of you can help me out!

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Level 33
I've uploaded a test map
Feel free to ask any question regarding the map ;D
Enjoy

Note:
Critical Info; You'll need to have at least ONE Remaining Skill Point in order for the Increase Vision Ability to work

Attachments

• Increase and Decrease Vision.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 59
Level 26
It doesn't break the limit.

@defskull: You do not need to classify the ability as hero ability. Also, it's not required to have a skill point, UnitAddAbility does not go over selecting a hero skill by learning, it's not necessary to have the ability in the hero's ability menu beforehand. And even if you needed to have a free skill point, you could do this right before adding the ability, like you did in your chat event trigger.

Level 33
I've tried using Add Ability Action, it seems to fail dude..

EDIT:
And I'm weird for my second trigger, it works FINE lol..

EDIT 2:
Well, maybe something went wrong in the first trigger, I've tried using Add Ability, it won't added...

Status
Not open for further replies.