• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help regarding LOS trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, im new to warcraft 3 modding and would like to know if it's possible for a unit to gain a buff to his/her Line of sight upon entering a certain part of the terrain (via a trigger) (ex.: When you enter a building, you gain a buff ehancing your line of sight)

I've been searching a while for something that could help me with this but was unable to find any help. I hope some of you can help me out!

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Level 33
I've uploaded a test map
Feel free to ask any question regarding the map ;D
Enjoy

Note:
Critical Info; You'll need to have at least ONE Remaining Skill Point in order for the Increase Vision Ability to work

Attachments

• Increase and Decrease Vision.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 60
Level 26
It doesn't break the limit.

@defskull: You do not need to classify the ability as hero ability. Also, it's not required to have a skill point, UnitAddAbility does not go over selecting a hero skill by learning, it's not necessary to have the ability in the hero's ability menu beforehand. And even if you needed to have a free skill point, you could do this right before adding the ability, like you did in your chat event trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.