• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anti los-loss trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, just got a great idea for a cool hero.
Why not make an anti-windwalk hero...
So the basic ability is a channeling life drain wich drains 0 life/sec and costs some mana... When a unit is targeted by the ability I can see the unit even if it windwalks, however...
If the unit runs up a hill he'll get out of line of sight making me stop channeling and loosing sight of him.
I need help with a trigger that can make me continue channel and see the unit even after he walks up a hill.
Please describe very basic since I'm a newbie at WE =P

Level 11
well.. just noticed that diehard@azeroth's system includes knockback backwards.. totaly forgot that,
i removed that part of his system, and i use it as declaration whether a unit is on a mountain or not xD

Level 19
Hey, just got a great idea for a cool hero.
Why not make an anti-windwalk hero...
So the basic ability is a channeling life drain wich drains 0 life/sec and costs some mana... When a unit is targeted by the ability I can see the unit even if it windwalks, however...
If the unit runs up a hill he'll get out of line of sight making me stop channeling and loosing sight of him.
I need help with a trigger that can make me continue channel and see the unit even after he walks up a hill.
Please describe very basic since I'm a newbie at WE =P

you can get the cliff level with triggers (something like set integer = (Terrain cliff level at (Point(0.00, 0.00))))

further you can check if a unit is visible for a player (((Triggering unit) is visible to Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)

unfortunately faery fire gives permanent vision so it will become hard to check if another unit of that player can see target unit

removing the buff while checking might not work since the wc3 visibility engine is rather slow but I didn't try it so it might work

Level 2
I'm nou sure if all understood my request, I want to make a trigger that makes the spell CONTINUE to channel even IF the target moves out of sight.

I saw some of you suggested using farie fire wich seems like a good idea to me but I'm new to the WE so I need some help with that trigger.
If the casting hero moves I need to remove buff farie fire from targeted unit.
Please show me a trigger how to do the event/conditions for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.