• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im making a map where two teams pick a hero class and must destroy their enemy base. This is my fisrt map so can someone tell me how do i make a unit that is received by every player and that you could choose the hero class from it? plz help
P.S my english is not perfect so if you didint understand the question let me know. :)

• Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Actions
    • If-Then-Else
      • If - Conditions
        • Ability being cast is equal to Hero1
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Replace Triggering Unit with YourHero
      • Else - Actions
        • Put another If-Then-Elses for another hero/ability pair, then repeat process until you exhaust all hero possibilities...

Level 3
  • Events
  • Actions
    • If-Then-Else
      • If - Conditions
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
        • Put another If-Then-Elses for another hero/ability pair, then repeat process until you exhaust all hero possibilities...

can you explain more? i dont understand :D

Level 3
  • Events
  • Actions
    • If-Then-Else
      • If - Conditions
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions

how to make the part with the conditions?

Level 3
@rysnt11 - but you cannot have multiple bear forms in one unit... what he wants was to add abilities to the unit which will act as selector instead of using taverns...

@DoctorBanana - Don't double post please...

Ability Being Cast is on the Ability Comparisons

Can i someone help me with this condition? I can't countinue without it

Last edited:
Level 17
Have units in a line and use charm. Or alternatly use Magical barrier and have a trigger which goes.

Abillity cast
Abillity = to Anti magical barrier
If Unit Cast on = to hero type unit
Then Create one Type of abillity cast unit at point of of casting unit
Remove casting unit.
Or something along those lines.

Charm i guess for you is the better option due to no triggering but instead requires a line of heros and means that you can have mutiple of 1 hero on a team. But even with charm you would have to remove the casting unit via a trigger.

Level 3
by making a new ability based on the Hero ability named Channel... you should first find a tut about Channel though, as it might be confusing for beginners...

AND DON'T DOUBLE POST... one more and I'll stop helping you...
k going to read a tut
and sry didint know its such a big deal

Level 3
then what??? i press create new custom ability and then i get a selection of abilities. How can i create that dummy ability channel thingy??

Level 3
Is there any way to make a limit of heroes a player can have?

or no even better how to give all players a sertain amount of gold and lumber when the game begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.