• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me plz (noob!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have couple of questions for my map project (Gantz)

1. I want to make it so the hero gets abilities when they're holding the items, but does the player have to click on the item to use the ability/spell, or will the ability/spell b added next to the heroes inventory (So I can set up a hotkey)?

2. Is it possible to let the players have a voting system in which quest they want to play? I'm trying to make it so that the majority party can vote for which mission/quest they want to do, once that's decided they'll go to the next map... which leads to my next question

3. Is there a way to make the heroes choose which map they want to go to? Because I only know melee and campaign map. Could you make it so that the players can decide what they want, then be teleported to that map?

Plz help, tyvm!

Level 2
Oh, and also is it possible to add a trigger that puts a timer for each quest? If it's not done in a specific amount of time, the heroes will be sent back w a penalty point.

Level 10
1. Use a trigger to check if the unit has the item in the inventory. If true, add the ability. If false, remove it. That way, when he drops the item, the ability will disappear. You'll have to make it a periodic event, so I don't know how eficient it is. You could just use
  • Unit - Unit picks up an item;
  • Item Comparison - (Item picked up) equal to x;
  • Abilities - Add (ability)
and
  • Unit - Unit drops an item;
  • Item Comparison - (Dropped item) equal to x;
  • Abilities - Remove (ability);
to remove it.

2. Use two variables: one for positive votes, one for negative votes and use a Dialog which will display to each player. Button 1 increases the positive variable, Button 2 increases the negative variable. If positive variable is bigger then negative variable, create the quest.

3.If you want your map to be played online, you can do it only in a single map, you can't add multiple maps. If it's single player use campaigns and use
  • Game - Set next level
Also, when the quest starts create the timer and display the timer window. If the timer reaches 0, quest failed.

Oh, and don't double post.

Level 31
You can use the Edit button of your post to delete the posts.

Attachments

• edit.gif
    edit.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.