• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help me decide

Read Post first

• Finish Lands of Chaos

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Release my heros in hero packs

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Release my abilitys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok im having trouble deciding something here. A while back i started work on an AOS map called Lands of Chaos. It is really impressive and has tons of triggered abilitys (it was my goal to make every ability in this map for every hero triggered and every hero has 5 abilitys). So far ive been reaching that goal and i have about 12 heros finished. Now i wanted to make 2 taverns worth of heros which is a total of 32, however, a couple months ago i started to lose intrest in wc3 map making and figured on moving to something else. Since then ive done very little work on this map and to make production time quicker i gave each hero only 4 abilitys instead of 5. Now that i start to think about it though i still probably will never release Lands of Chaos because i only have about 14 heros worth of abilitys made and am losing intrest in the World Editor. Now what i need to know from you guys is should I

A. Suck it up and finish the last few heros (I already have most of the triggers done and many items).
B. Can the map and start releasing the heros ive made with all their abilitys in map packs.
C. Start releasing individual abilitys that i really liked from Lands of Chaos.

Level 10
Here's my advice:

a) Make only one tavern of heroes. . .then finish it and release lands of chaos
b) Release your BEST* abilities
c) Release your BEST* heroes

I would classify best as in the heroes/abilities that are the most creative and original.

*Emphasis

Level 3
You should have just 1 tavern and in the next version have 2 and in the next version have 3. after that you can do just better and better versions. maybe fix some bugs or new abilities or new terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.