• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on medusa and luna's skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I played dota and dota imba (the imbalanced version of normal dota)
When i see it i wanna know how to reduce the damage dealt by them?
Also in dota imba, the medusa and orb effected heroes can use sange&yasha, skadi, and the all other item that has orb effect?
How to do it?
Thanks before

Level 17
no no, i was meant, the first skill of meduse, shes use the barrage ability, isn't she?
then the damage dealt by her is reduced by 45% or more (I didn't use medusa often)
how to reduce that damage?
i'm a mapper too, and i see in every unit, they has small, large, and medium damage factor, are these has to do with the reduced damage?

medusa just uses the barrage ability to activate its multiple target attack which is inside the settings of the unit itself on the Object editor, there you can set the reduction etc...

and if you play Dota, you would know that it doesn't use a negative trueshot, since the damage reduction isn't shown on the hero UI...

for the orb effects, its normal in wc3... since Skadi is always activated and S&Y is by chance (it only works for ranged units afaik)... and I believe, the official dota forums has a detailed description of this...

not sure bout that, but I've never seen ursa using skadi (at least on the normal dota, and last time I played the normal DotA, I never have been able to make Orb effects work with ursa (well SnY works, if SnY activates, the wound ability of ursa won't work... the same with the Skadi + SnY for ranged units))...

anyway, I think there's a system here which enables custom orb effects... not to say that if you have a DDS, you can customize orb effects...

Status
Not open for further replies.