• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! New Hero Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello!

I'm not sure how many of you still check in to see if the forums are active but those who do, I need your help!

I'm going to be releasing a new version of AtD over the Christmas break that will contain a new tower in the Architect's tier, possibly a new quest, but most importantly a new Death Hunter Hero!

Currently, the working name of this Hero is "Torn Spirit" and it takes the model of the shadowy Avatar of Vengeance. I just started work on her last night. She is agility based with low HP but high attack damage.

Currently I'm working on a passive that is called "Deflect" but I may change to "Disperse". It gives the Hero a 15% chance to deflect up to (100*level of ability) damage from an attack and a 25% chance to heal nearby units for half of the damage deflected.

This ability is the only one I've finished but in no way does that mean it will actually make it into the version I release. I want your ideas for new spells for this Hero and new ideas for her as well. I could really use them!

Thanks.

Level 12
=-Well first off long time no see :xxd:

=-Second I have a suggestion for the new death knight, how about having her color or more to say model transparent so that you can see through her which would make an awesome hero.

Although you don't need to make her completely transparent having her i would say 30-50 % transparent would be pretty cool.

=-Third I have a suggestion for one new spell, name it what ever you want to but my idea is to have a spell that makes you blink 3-4 times in the direction of the enemys, to basically be a tracking ability used to help the lost death knight find her way to the wandering players.

Of course this would be completely unique and I have never once seen anything like it in any other game in WC3.

Good luck and keep up the work,
Your friend;
~CHA

Level 18
Progress Update:

I've changed the name to Warden Sorceress and it is now using the Warden model.

I'm probably replacing "Deflect" with (working name) "Phase Shift" where the Warden will have a chance (or the option of casting) to shift out of existence after taking damage from a hit. This will help to deter the enemy from attacking her and keep her from taking too much damage. Keep in mind she has the lowest HP of all hunters.

I'm also working on an ability titled "Betray" that will allow her to choose an allied unit to damage for 50/100/150/200 Magic damage in exchange for healing 75/150/225/300 to herself. These values are subject to change after balancing.

p.s. Thanks for your suggestions CHA, keep them coming. I don't think I will end up using the ones above though.

Level 18
Phase Shift is done. Betray is done. They both need balancing which I will work on with my testing team.

The ultimate right now is nothing custom, but it is very useful. It will be "Teleportation" and the Warden Sorceress will have the ability to teleport to any allied unit or building. She will not become invulnerable when teleporting. Cooldown is currently 90 seconds.

CHA, I think I'm using your transparent idea for the third ability titled "Blend".

Level 4
me has a idea, remember me with the quest idea? anyways an ability called "Arcane Befuddlment" which causes all units within a radius, (allied aswell) to take 20 damage a second for 10 seconds and have a slowed affect, and sends 2 hp to the Warden for every unit under th affect, this is good teamed with a frozen archer to either kite in creeps to the radius of the spell or quickly shoot down the units with low hp, this might need some balancing tho

Status
Not open for further replies.