• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2.94 Released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
January 19, 2010

29vjceu.jpg

I wanted to announce that I've released Version 2.94 after more than 3 years of work on Against the Darkness!!! This version contains a lot of spell balancing but most importantly a new skin for Fenris Killgore and an armor detection system.

I'm most excited about the armor detection system that Rising_Dusk created. Previously I was using GetEventDamage(). It turned out that when I used this the damage was not adjusted to the amount of armor a unit had equipped. So if an attack really only did 25 damage due to 75% armor reduction my system would record 100 damage (the original damage before reduction). Now, using Rising_Dusk's armor detection system the damage is recorded exactly the way it should be. This system is a great addition to AtD and will help very much with spell balance.

If you haven't noticed, in the two previous version a new Death Hunter and Death Knight Hero were introduced. If you haven't played them yet you absolutely have to check them out! I hope everyone enjoys the new additions and as always if you have any criticism or ideas do not hesitate to contact me.

Oh and one more thing, I turn 21 tomorrow!

-1)ark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.