• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help, Need a advice for imported sounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i got this problem with the sounds i made using sound recorder, on windows media player the sounds are normal, they are loud as every other sound files but when i import them to warcraft 3 sound editor files they become so quiet i can barely hear them,they are 16 bit 22050 KHZ, 1 channel, . WAV, and Mono input, when i put them for lets say Lich Yes sound its so quiet i can barely hear it , any ideas how to fix or what to do?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure that the loudness is not being turned down by the game. In the sound editor there should be an option to adjust loudness.

Compare the wave forms between WC3 sound files and your sound file, it is possible the way you encoded it does not work well with how WC3 processes audio.

Level 1
Make sure that the loudness is not being turned down by the game. In the sound editor there should be an option to adjust loudness.

Compare the wave forms between WC3 sound files and your sound file, it is possible the way you encoded it does not work well with how WC3 processes audio.

how do i compare the wave forms, i recorded it using windows Stereo Mix.
i cant go above 127. Loudness at sound editor.

Level 1

i just compared the waves , the wave from lets say necromancers's what are much higher than my waves from my sound

In audactiy, use the "normalize" effect to adjust the sound volume to the maximum of the digital range. After that, the only way to make it louder without digital clipping is using the compressor effect.

Are you sure the problem is not that the sound is set as a 3D sound with wrong distance/range cut-off values?

Status
Not open for further replies.