• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mp3 sounds not working after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated to v1.30.4 and all my cinematics that were using mp3 sounds are no longer working. I can't play the mp3 sounds through the sound editor, but I can export them and they all work when played in a media player so I know they are not corrupt.

Wav sounds are working fine. Any idea what this might be, and a way to make the sounds play without having to export them, convert to wav and then import them again? I have around 100 sound files so it would be REALLY tedious work.

Oh well that sucks. I tried removing all metadata with audacity but sadly it didn't do anything. After playing my map several times I found out that it's not only my imported sounds, it is almost ALL sounds that are played throughout regions, at points, waygate sounds, spell sounds, effect sounds, and it just keeps adding to the list, and some sounds starts playing then are just cut off. Hopefully a fix will come sooner rather than later.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Oh well that sucks. I tried removing all metadata with audacity but sadly it didn't do anything. After playing my map several times I found out that it's not only my imported sounds, it is almost ALL sounds that are played throughout regions, at points, waygate sounds, spell sounds, effect sounds, and it just keeps adding to the list, and some sounds starts playing then are just cut off. Hopefully a fix will come sooner rather than later.
You could always use a stable older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.