• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! My custom map freazes and get no error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey Hive, I am having a problem right now where my map will freeze after about 20-30 minutes of game time, and then crash with no error message. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the issue as the map is very small and triggers are very basic with most of them being when an ability is cast, spawn a dummy and cast another ability. This includes removing leaks so setting point variables and using custom scripts to remove them. I have been speaking to a Russian map maker who is having the same issue and we are clueless as to why this is occurring. Originally when I started work on the map, creating a spell off of 'Shadowstrike' caused the same issue. I since removed all the spells off of Shadowstrike (I use Acid Bomb for missle effects). It seems to freeze on ability press but it can literally be any ability, and most of them are very basic. (Berserk / Chain Lightning) and I'm not sure what actually triggers the game to freeze and crash. My Russian friend says that this problem has only been occurring for him since Reforged so it might be something new that they introduced. Is anyone else having a similar problem or know of any way around it or to fix it? Please let me know, can send you my triggers / map if needed. Thanks!

Level 20
From my experience, this usually occur when a infinite loop is set. Check your triggers for loops that can go indefinetly, specially those that uses damage engines and events like "A Unit is Attacked". I think going beyond the operation limit could do this as well, but to even be able to reach that you would have to cause an infinite loop, so...Also could be that Reforged broke something, but in my map i've created almost everything that could be done with events, loops and timers and all is working properly.

Level 1
'From my experience, this usually occur when a infinite loop is set. Check your triggers for loops that can go indefinetly, specially those that uses damage engines and events like "A Unit is Attacked". I think going beyond the operation limit could do this as well, but to even be able to reach that you would have to cause an infinite loop, so...Also could be that Reforged broke something, but in my map i've created almost everything that could be done with events, loops and timers and all is working properly.'

The triggers using 'Unit is attacked' all have a condition working on a buff. However there are quite a few . 'Unit - Takes Damage' triggers. Do you know the operation limit?

I have used some of the triggers like for showing damage and damage table before and they work fine. On different maps I mean.

If I send you my map. (its small) can you take a look and see if you can see an issue, good sir?

@chopinski

Level 6
From my experience, this usually occur when a infinite loop is set. Check your triggers for loops that can go indefinetly, specially those that uses damage engines and events like "A Unit is Attacked". I think going beyond the operation limit could do this as well, but to even be able to reach that you would have to cause an infinite loop, so...Also could be that Reforged broke something, but in my map i've created almost everything that could be done with events, loops and timers and all is working properly.
The triggers using 'Unit is attacked' all have a condition working on a buff. However there are quite a few . 'Unit - Takes Damage' triggers. Do you know the operation limit? I have used some of the triggers like for showing damage and damage table before and they work fine. On different maps I mean. If I send you my map. (its small) can you take a look and see if you can see an issue, good sir?

Level 20
'From my experience, this usually occur when a infinite loop is set. Check your triggers for loops that can go indefinetly, specially those that uses damage engines and events like "A Unit is Attacked". I think going beyond the operation limit could do this as well, but to even be able to reach that you would have to cause an infinite loop, so...Also could be that Reforged broke something, but in my map i've created almost everything that could be done with events, loops and timers and all is working properly.'

The triggers using 'Unit is attacked' all have a condition working on a buff. However there are quite a few . 'Unit - Takes Damage' triggers. Do you know the operation limit?

I have used some of the triggers like for showing damage and damage table before and they work fine. On different maps I mean.

If I send you my map. (its small) can you take a look and see if you can see an issue, good sir?

@chopinski

Sure, i'm at work right now, so i cant promise to do it today, but i will give it a look

Level 3
I have experienced such kind of freeze with no message.

From my experience, it was caused by Object Editor using value less than 0.10 in spell editor (things like 0.01 etc).
Check if your custom spell has values inferior to 0.10, and if so, set them to 0.10.

Same for any Time or Wait trigger, replace any trigger inferior to 0.10 by at least 0.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.