• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with a simple triggered heal please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am making an rpg map, and to make abilities more interesting i wanted to add some kind of attribute scaling to them. For damaging spells it has been quite a piece of cake, but healing seems to be a bit harder to make.

So, my spell here is almost like melee Paladin's 'Holy Light', but with the intelligence scaling. It aint just working.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Touch
  • Actions
    • Set da = (0.50 x (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))
    • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (25 + da))
I just noticed that I should post this to Triggers & Scripts forum. Could somebody move this?

Level 3
I'm not an adept of using triggering unit(though I've heard it's better).
Have you tried... using casting unit instead of triggering?
  • Set da = (0.50 x (Real((Intelligence of (Casting Unit)(Include bonuses)))))

Level 20
Also there is no need to use variable,this would do,
  • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (25 + (0.50 x (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))))
It should work,unless the spell you're using as base spell is an AOE spell,in which case 'Target unit of ability being cast' wouldn't work.

Level 1
I do not know. That spell ain't still working. What base spell did you use, by the way?

Level 5
Also there is no need to use variable,this would do,
  • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (25 + (0.50 x (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))))
It should work,unless the spell you're using as base spell is an AOE spell,in which case 'Target unit of ability being cast' wouldn't work.

Those do work, but it is a pain in the ass to fix if you make a mistake, having to click through so many boxes xD

Level 1
So, I am using a hero, who has the 'spellbook' ability and i have that healin there. The heal is also an unit ability, not a hero ability. Do those things propably affect the spell?

Also, I do not know if you have time for it, but if you could make me a testmap with that spell working I would be very grateful. Since I cannot make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.