• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Help me re-created a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Now once upon last year I was working on a project with a few pals of mine. In a map one of them developed a spell called " Mindwreck ". This particular spell could only be used on a hero and made the hero unlearn every single skill he has learned and made him miss his attacks a certain percentage of the time, can you guys tell me how to recreate this spell?

Level 12
You need a single-target ability with only Heroes as allowed targets.
I am not sure if you can use the "curse" from banshees as non-auto cast.
If you can, use this for the miss %, otherwise use customized Channel.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit starts teh effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to Mindwreck
  • Actions
    • Reset the target skills
    • If you cannot use Curse for the base ability
      • Create Dummy unit with Curse
      • Order dummy unit to Curse the target unit of ability being cast
I know that "reset the target skills" is very vague, but I am not sure if you will have to reset all skills in the game for the unit or you there is an action to lower only the skills for the target unit. If the later is not possible, you'll have to create a huge overhead storing references with all skill that can be affected by this.

One can use Tome of Retraining 'tret' to unlearn all hero skills.
Create a clone of tome of retraing and set "powerup", to autouse it when gained.
On spellcast create the clone of the spell target.

Edit: One could also base the spell on drunken haze with instant missle (huge missle speed), if that auto cast form curse is unwanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.