• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me out with a cool anime I should check out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Gonna bump so you and more people read this.
WATCH CLANNAD! THATS NOW MY #1!!

WATCH CLANNAD AND THEN WATCH CLANNAD AFTERSTORY (Sequel).

It's VERY VERY Sad and Very Funny to.
Amazing Anime, it's even better than "The place promised in our Early Days" IMO.

#1 Clannad
#2 The Place Promised in Our Early Days

I'm not one to cry over movies, ESPECIALLY anime, however one of the scenes in Clannad Afterstory made me shed a few tears.

Clannad is really funny and while everyone is still in school and playing around. It's also quite sad but no where near as sad as afterstory.

Clannad Afterstory is still quite funny but not as much as the first. It seems that lots of the comedy was replaced with sadness.

Make sure you watch the extras aswell, the parallel worlds where Tomoya dates 3 other girls to :p

The perfect thing that made Clannad #1 for me was the story and the fact that I've always wanted to watch something that would make me really really sad but ended-

Both Clannads have their sad side and both end happily! :grin: I want more clannad!

Level 11
Gonna bump so you and more people read this.
WATCH CLANNAD! THATS NOW MY #1!!

WATCH CLANNAD AND THEN WATCH CLANNAD AFTERSTORY (Sequel).

It's VERY VERY Sad and Very Funny to.
Amazing Anime, it's even better than "The place promised in our Early Days" IMO.

#1 Clannad
#2 The Place Promised in Our Early Days

I'm not one to cry over movies, ESPECIALLY anime, however one of the scenes in Clannad Afterstory made me shed a few tears.

Clannad is really funny and while everyone is still in school and playing around. It's also quite sad but no where near as sad as afterstory.

Clannad Afterstory is still quite funny but not as much as the first. It seems that lots of the comedy was replaced with sadness.

Make sure you watch the extras aswell, the parallel worlds where Tomoya dates 3 other girls to :p

The perfect thing that made Clannad #1 for me was the story and the fact that I've always wanted to watch something that would make me really really sad but ended-

Both Clannads have their sad side and both end happily! :grin: I want more clannad!

I'm with you brother. This is the best anime I ever watch!

Level 31
From 1 to 5. + means utterly exceptional.

Koi Kaze- 5
Le Chevalier D'Eon- 5
Romeo x Juliet- 5+
Shonen Onmyouji- 4.5
Fruits Basket- 5
xxxHolic- 5
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles- 5
Perfect Blue (watch all of the movies by this guy)- 5
Infinite Ryvius- 4.2
Samurai 7- 5
Blue Gender- 4.2
Tokyo Godfathers- 5
Tower of Druaga- 5
Shuffle- 5
.hack//Signs (first)- 5
.hack//Liminality (second)- 4.5
.hack//Legend of the Twilight or w/e (third)- 4
.hack//Roots (last)- 4
Planetes- 5
The Familiar of Zero- 5
Spice and Wolf- 5
R.O.D.- 4
Ouran High School Host Club- 5
Vampire Knight- 5
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood- 5
Negima!? Magister Negi Magi (it's the remake, don't do original or OVA)- 5
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden (only first season is good, second is meh)- 3.5
Kyo Kara Maoh- 5
The Story of Saiunkoku- 5
Solty Rei- 5
Ah! My Goddess (2 seasons)- 5
Otogi Zoshi- 4
Wolf's Rain- 5
Gantz- 3.5
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne- 4.5
Noir- 4.5
Le Portrait de Petite Cosette- 5
Kurokami- 4
Shana- 4
Aria (3 seasons and ovietta)- 5
Strain- 5

just to name a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Level 26
Aishiteruze Baby
Hungry Heart - Wild Striker
Kaleido Star
Suzuka
School Rumble
La Corda d'Oro
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Great Teacher Onizuka
Nanatsu no Umi no Tico
Maison Ikkoku
Kimi ni Todoke
Kekkaishi
Ai Shite Night
Kimagure Orange Road
Whistle
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Kodomo no Omocha
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Cross Game

Level 31
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I just started watching When They Cry and it is fantastic thus far ; D. Some of the most sadistic anime I have ever seen, complete with maniacal laughter, machetes, drugs, and baseball bats. I don't think it quite measures up to one of the scenes from Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, but perhaps it'll surpass that in later episodes.

Another good one I just started is Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

And I don't think I mentioned it on my previous list (can't believe I forgot), but Black Lagoon is a good watch. I'm not sure if Escaflowne was mentioned anywhere either.

There are many others, I'll just try and say them as I think about them, like Black Cat with the wonderful voice Brandon Potter (just popped into my head).

PaniPoni Dash is another popular one as well as the ever incredibly crazy Excel Saga. If you like Excel Saga, you should check out Puni Puni Poemy.

Then there is the ever wonderful Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, although I hear Season 2 of that show was a complete failure (6 episode hardcore Groundhog Day).

Level 7
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/fresh-new-list-your-anime-d-179750/

I use anime lists to find anime to watch and then if I find something interesting or I'm bored to death I'll use google to find more information :wink:

Welcome after...
Also its an overrated anime.

The only overrated anime IMO is Naruto, One Piece, etc.
Those kinds. Clannad definitely isn't overrated, it's underrated if you ask me.
So is Rosario + Vampire... that's a different story however. Clannad touches your heart, it's great. Especially after story.

Elfen lied.
A story about a women/girl ...the most powerful biological living weapon able to decapitate people with spectral arm vectors that come from her back, she later suffers from amnesia and phases between cute, innocent and "nueh!" sorta girl to psychotic-sociopathic killer who decapitates everyone.

Touching story, made me cry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfen_Lied
ILY Nyu + Lucy <3 :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.