• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me out with a cool anime I should check out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Okay! I simply don't know what to watch, and I need to kill time. Please suggest something I should see which I haven't. Here's what I've watched so far(as far as I remember):

naruto, bleach, one piece, death note, tengen toppa gurren lagann, samurai champloo, cowboy bebop, dragon ball z/gt, black lagoon, full metal alchemist, brotherhood, hellsing ultimate, ghost in the shell, 2nd gig, durarara, darker than black, code geass, detective conan... probably more, but I don't remember.

Level 7
You can try Ghost Hunt , its an Anime about a group of ghost hunters , exorcists and so , they have a Research Organization and are there to hunt ghost and helping people. Sometimes it can be scary and the end when they find out what ghost is it , what it wants is also interesting... By the way , at the Episode 18 it gets scary , its a case in a huge and weird house , the house is so build that they can get easy lost and dissapear at the halls...

Level 17
I'm not very sure if that's what you like ... but give
  • Fairy Tail
  • Needless
a try. They are slightly similar, though different. (wow, that sounded poetic..)
There is a weird mixture out of very dramatical and very childrish ... but I think this it what makes these animes unique! I liked them very much, probably you will like them, too!

Level 7
Well, do/did you watch Naruto shippuden? You say you watch(ed) Naruto, but didn't say if it was only the "As kids seasons" or if it was "As adults seasons". If not, you gotta check it out, it's so cool. It's still not completely finished, but there are 166 episodes done, so you could check them out, they're really cool.

Level 25
Well, do/did you watch Naruto shippuden? You say you watch(ed) Naruto, but didn't say if it was only the "As kids seasons" or if it was "As adults seasons". If not, you gotta check it out, it's so cool. It's still not completely finished, but there are 166 episodes done, so you could check them out, they're really cool.

-.-

Stick to One Piece, MarineFord episodes will start next week (The Whitebeard war)

Level 11
u mean Dragon Ball Z Kai??? or is there Dragon Ball Kai also??? ne way Dragon Ball Z was a classic show.. still my #1 show to this day... glad the 20th anniversery of dragon ball made Dragon Ball Z Kai :D hehe

Level 26
I was going to recommend "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann", "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood", or "Durarara", but it seems you've already watched all three. Good taste.

Well, there's "FLCL", which is like "Gurren Lagann", only with more absurdity and innuendo, if that's even possible.
"Azumanga Daioh" and "Detroit Metal City" are absolutely hilarious and definitely worth a look.
"Eureka 7" is great.
"Eden of the East" is also pretty interesting.
"Fate/Stay Night" is pretty damn cool.
So is "Great Teacher Onizuka".
"Gundam Wing" and "Gundam Seed" are always worth a look.
"Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni" is absolutely insane in all its bloody stabby glory.
"Rurouni Kenshin" is okay.
"The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" is pretty damn good.
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" is a classic.
"Welcome to the NHK" is great too.
If you haven't already watched it, "Trigun".
If you like romance and that kind of stuff, "Toradora" might be to your liking.

That ought to last you a while.

Level 45
Elfen lied.
A story about a women/girl ...the most powerful biological living weapon able to decapitate people with spectral arm vectors that come from her back, she later suffers from amnesia and phases between cute, innocent and "nueh!" sorta girl to psychotic-sociopathic killer who decapitates everyone.

Touching story, made me cry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfen_Lied

Hmmm

Witchblade
Elfen Lied
Girl from Hell (forgot exact name)
Flame of Recca (classic q:)
Yu Yu Hakusho (better than the above)
Chrono Crusade (Like the story a lot)
Samurai X (My favorite anime when I was 5-7
Outlaw
Blood +
Full Metal Panic (Don't really watched it full, but just some episodes)
Samurai 7 (Feudal/Medieval Japan (Samurais and stuff) + Steampunk technology = Win)

Will put more if I can remember more q:

Level 17
Elfen lied.
A story about a women/girl ...the most powerful biological living weapon able to decapitate people with spectral arm vectors that come from her back, she later suffers from amnesia and phases between cute, innocent and "nueh!" sorta girl to psychotic-sociopathic killer who decapitates everyone.

Touching story, made me cry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfen_Lied

Somehow romantic indeed, the ending makes no sense though. Reading the manga would probably answer the remaining questions ... :eek:
But that anime is good because ... SPLATT000AARGHHH!! :D

Level 26
Somehow romantic indeed, the ending makes no sense though. Reading the manga would probably answer the remaining questions ... :eek:
But that anime is good because ... SPLATT000AARGHHH!! :D
Yes, but the manga looks like it was drawn and written by a sexually frustrated 12-year old. I haven't watched the anime, but I would assume it's the same.

Level 34
Yes, but the manga looks like it was drawn and written by a sexually frustrated 12-year old. I haven't watched the anime, but I would assume it's the same.
Oh it is.

'Rah-Xephon' is a show not many people seem to know about, and is excellent imo.
I quite enjoyed 'Full Metal Panic'!
I loved Kurokami, but a lot of other people didn't seem to.
And then everything MSBB mentioned.

I'm just going to say, watch Claymore, a great Anime. Not big, 25-26 episodes i think. Really sad and full of action and impact, your going to love it!

I thought that anime had potential, but failed miserably by the end.
Why so? I kind of liked it.
*SPOILERS*
She kicked his f****** ass!
*SPOILERS*

Level 34
I'm just going to say, watch Claymore, a great Anime. Not big, 25-26 episodes i think. Really sad and full of action and impact, your going to love it!

Why so? I kind of liked it.
*SPOILERS*
She kicked his f****** ass!
*SPOILERS*
Because the ending is a cliffhanger, the whole last piece of storyline was lame, and overall the anime just was unimpressive.

Level 17
Because the ending is a cliffhanger, the whole last piece of storyline was lame, and overall the anime just was unimpressive.

HATER!!! :O
Well, you're right the last piece of storyline wasn't as good as the beginning, but if you'd read the manga,
you'd surely agree this story is probably one of the best out there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.