• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me open my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ages ago I spent much time on this map and now when I felt like taking a look at it again I seemingly can't open it. 99.99% sure that I haven't protected it.

Help a pleb
Linkin

Attachments

• Azeroth AWR 1.1.01.w3x
    9.4 MB · Views: 91
Level 3
i got a bunch of errors like 'trigger function does not exist in database: UnitApplyTimedLifeB'
and then a critical error 'Not enough storage is available to process this command
program: c:\....\world editor.exe
object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@'

so looks like it has something to do with the triggers... maybe because of it being made a long time ago and new updates have changed the way triggers and stuff work, or if you maybe used a different program for the triggers. idk but i couldnt open it on mine.

Level 6
Not ages ago, around early 2015. I know I had a bunch of extra programs to remove certain limits, programs like UMSWE. Had like 16 tiles to work with instead of the very few you otherwise had.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The solution is to install the third party GUI extension you used to make the map and remove all non-standard GUI from it so it can load in standard WorldEdit. Due to the way the editor only GUI file is structured it is not possible to clean it up without having access to the third party GUI extension data files. Without these non-standard GUI data files parsing the GUI file is impossible and so cleaning it up of all non-standard GUI is impossible.

In worst case one can always substitute the GUI file with a blank one from another map. This should allow the map to open in World Edit at the cost of losing all trigger data. If you can find which third party GUI extension was used to make the map, people might be able to programmatically strip the GUI file of non-standard GUI.

You added hella glow. PM me

No need to make it "standard editor compatible" in order to begin editing it again, at least for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    920.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.