• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Invisible Geosets in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I decided to modify a model by removing/adding some geosets with custom textures.

Everything seemed fine in the model editor, yet when I import it to a map, none of my imported geosets show up, the original geosets of the model are there, the game doesn't crash or anything, but my added geosets are invisible in-game (they're not in the model editor).

I also modified the model in .mdl format while I was working on it and only converted to mdx before importing in-game.

Anyone can tell me what I did wrong with it? I attached the model/textures in a rar so anyone willing can take a look at it.

Attachments

• KechachModified.rar
    458.5 KB · Views: 65
Level 8
When testing ingame, I noticed an error with the cape and the head.
Looks like you have problems with your vertex groups, but since the model is damn huge (and inefficient, to some extend) it won't be easy to find out what exactly is wrong.

Edit: Turned out to be easier than expected. Don't use objects 86 and 87 (attachment points) as vertex groups.
I replaced them with a random bone (objectid 15, which is used somewhere else) since I don't know which geoset is what. It works, but the parts are not properly animated of course.

Attachments

• Kechach3.mdx
    422.5 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.