• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help for morphing a unit into another unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,
I'm trying to make a units which has two forms, melee and ranged. I tried messing with some morphing spells but none worked. I have both the units already and they are fine, but the spell is the hard part. I really need help with this one, my campaign depends on it!!!

Sincerely, :infl_thumbs_up:Slashbang.

Level 2
Oh c'mon just use metamorphosis and set the duration to 0, so it will be permanent and you will be able to change back to normal, if this isnt working so i guess the problem is elsewhere and we would need more detail...

Level 28
Using triggers is also kinda easy.
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to *Morph1*
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering Unit) using olol.mdl
    • Special Effect - Destroy (last created special effect)
    • Unit - Replace (Triggering Unit) with a *Your morphed unit* using New Unit - Max.
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to *Morph2*
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering Unit) using olol.mdl
    • Special Effect - Destroy (last created special effect)
    • Unit - Replace (Triggering Unit) with a *Your normal unit* using New Unit - Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.