• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help debug doodad animation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey everyone,

I recently imported a doodad that plays all 2 animations correctly in magos, when I toggle the animation controller, each animation is discrete and plays for the right interval. However when in game, when I click on the doodad it doesn't show any animation toggle (normally when you place a gate or something, it will show stand, close or open. right?) Normally you can browse through it when its selected in WE. But as I said mine doesn't have that feature, that was the first red flag.

Also whenever I try to use triggers to play its animation, nothing happens. I have no idea whats wrong. I'm using the right animation names, that much I'm sure. Any thoughts?

Level 4
Hmm yeah, I just now tried restarting it. Still doesn't display animations.

I mean this model I'm talking about is the spitting image of a gate, but the only thing that doesn't live up to its namesake would be the lack of gate animations. It's like only magos can see them. I must be doing something wrong.. not sure if its something I should have done in magos or if it's my implementation into WE.

Level 4
Oh wow, how did I never notice that button haha. Thank you!

Here is my gate in WE, note there is no place to toggle animations where there usually is.

Uhm, links should be internet links [there are lots of free posting services]... We won't be able to access that pic if you post the link of it that is on your hard drive... :)

or just do the above suggestion, attach it using the attachment button

you can also upload pictures to your profile using the albums link on your profile page...

Level 4
Test Gate.png

Here is the gate in WE

Test Gate2.png

Above is the gate in magos

Phew, that was tough. That upload button was wayyy over at the end of the scroll. Couldn't find it for the longest time.

Anyway, thats for the posting 101 lesson, hope these images help you guys see what I mean.

where did you get that model?

btw, AFAIK, the default gates in wc3 uses the Death animation for the open part... that could be your problem... Personally, I haven't found any gate model that uses an "Open" animation name...

EDIT: Just tested it out to make sure, gate models use Death and Death alternate animation as their "open" animation...

Normally, death is used when the gate is opened via destroying it (attacked by units etc)
Death alternate is used when the gate is opened via triggers

Level 4
Yo guys, I got it figured out. The culprit was the gate had no global sequence, after settng that I could browse the animations in WE and the animations were responsive to my triggers' play commands.

btw I got that model years ago from a chinese website, it doesn't exist anymore :(

Found it on my old computer, so thanks for helping me bring it back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.