• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! Can Cold Arrows Target Terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all,

New to the forums with a perplexing question. I need to have the ability Cold Arrows be able to target the ground for my new map, yet the game still gives me the "must target unit" message even AFTER I edited the ability specifying "Terrain" as an allowable target. Does anyone have an answer or workaround for this problem?

Thanks,
wescott06

Level 1
@ForeverBeADragon: The idea is to have Cold Arrows be able to target terrain in addition to units so that the player can either hit units or freeze the patch of ground they aim at (i.e. turn the terrain to ice using a trigger.)

In other news, I've tried this with other spells and gotten the same result-- it seems like the Terrain target option just doesn't work, period. Is Blizzard playing a cruel joke on us or something?

Level 4
@ForeverBeADragon: The idea is to have Cold Arrows be able to target terrain in addition to units so that the player can either hit units or freeze the patch of ground they aim at (i.e. turn the terrain to ice using a trigger.)

In other news, I've tried this with other spells and gotten the same result-- it seems like the Terrain target option just doesn't work, period. Is Blizzard playing a cruel joke on us or something?

All of the auto cast spell are Unit-Target or Instant-Cast. If you want a spell likes your idea, you need to use non-auto-cast spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.