1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hellscream's Party

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Taur, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mm.. it's an interesting idea, but I dont think 6 players per boat will work that well. Waaay too much chaos, 2 per boat seems fine I think.

2. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Any idea when the next ver will be coming along?
    Would like to try out a few more minigames :)

3. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mm.. sometime in the next 1-2 weeks is my guess. But there'll be plenty more for you guys to try out including:

• Changes and revamps to many of the old arenas (ninja's pathing now owns)
    • A few major bugs fixed
    • Many many new host options
    • A second cinematic (either one will be shown randomly if you choose to show the cinematic)
    • A few more minigames, right now I think we're looking around 5-7, and these will include:
      • Warden Warriors
      • Crypt Gladiators
      • Big Bad Wolves
      • Pit Perils (thank you to Lord_of_sausage, this is the one he suggested with the pitlords
      • and a few more that we havent really posted or dicussed here.

4. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by ''more host options''?

5. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well you can choose which games and in what order you play from the start. You can choose how many games, you'll be able to choose whether arena games will be Deathmatch (get as many kills as possible) or survivor (last man standing). I dont think wtf? mode will make it in the next release, but we'll see.

Host options will also be made so that the players can see the same menu that the host can, just not be able to select it so they understand each option.

6. seshimazi

seshimazi

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    it is, a moderater should give -rep.
    i feel so guilty, and still so evil ;..;

9. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, well that aside, I have another game idea for you (I rather like this one, so it'll probably be in the next release).

Dodge the-burning-flames-of-hell ball
    The legion is invading and... it's every kingdom for itself! 5 rolled up infernal balls will be placed in the middle of the map with 2 teams on opposite ends of the field(same heroes though). At the end of each field is what is equivalent to their goal, if an infernal touches it, you lose a point (you have 3 points to start with). However, your hero can only run around the edges of the field (you cannot actually touch the infernals or be near the goal). From there, you have to shoot at the infernals. Shooting an infernal will cause him to roll in the opposite direction (well, it's like physics, as long as you have enough power to counter his momentum and then some). So shoot infernals into your opponets goal and safe guard you own to victorious!
    Abilities:
    Simple Shot - A simple arrow shot that will apply a moderate amount of force.
    Power Shot - After 1 second of casting time, lets loose a powerful arrow that will apply a very large amount of force.
    Inertial Counter Shot - An arrow that on contact will cause a rolling infernal to stop in it's tracks, having no momentum in any direction. (a good idea might be to use this and then a power shot to get the most momentum).

So what do you guys think? Good, bad, any suggestions? Any abilties that should be added/subtracted?

10. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats a nice idea, change name though :D

11. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another idea :p this one raging and I disagree on

Rock, paper, scissors

Just like in brain age, you're shown one of the 3 (rock paper or scissors) and then one of 3 signs (win lose or tie), you have to pick the one that fits the bill. E.g. If rock and tie is shown, you have to choose rock. If paper and lose is shown, you have to choose rock again.

This could be done 1 of 2 ways: a) everyone is shown the same thing and the first 3 people who enter the answer get the point then the next round begins. or b) each person has their own set and as soon as they finish it, they go to the next round. The person with the most points at the end wins.

Ofc the problem with the 2nd one is that there could be quite a few ties.

12. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I disagree you, the most people says "I'ts just about luck, or knowing the map! Stupid *Leaves*", so thats also why i'll try come up with minigames where you have to think so you cant say "LUCK". That one is good example on a thinking minigame, i'll recoome you'll use it.

13. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh, well actually raging thought that the idea was lame, I'm the one who thought it up :p and I agree, while this is kind of a luck game (at some point you get used to it, like in brain age and then it's a contest to see who has the fastest connection and the fastest finger) but it does take a bit more thinking than most such games in party maps.

14. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well, also some of the games in HP is about luck, but most about skills, thats why i prefer it instead of uther party (Oh, and me and some freinds had Lan-camp a time ago, played HP through 6 times :D i won 4 of them :p)
    But lets get back to ideas.

15. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dunno if this has been fixed- But in the ninja game ( The one where you have to shoot shurikins etc. after other players ninjas ) The fan of knofes skill sometimes turn around.-
    I think this is the meaning, but most of the times it just flies weird around.
    I think its becouse you used Fan of knifes as skill, it find enemies and hits them, but if you used warstomp as ability it would hit units in range, still with the cool turn animation.