1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hellscream's Party

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Taur, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hellscream's Party
    By Taur and Ragingspeedhorn

From the title you must aldready know that this is actually a party map. Raging and I felt that wc3 was overdue for a good party map that wasn't just about clicking and pointing and that's why Hellscream's Party came around. In short, it's a collection of minigames which strive to be fun, require skill but not be too complicated. ​

Some of you may know it from the paired mapping contest where we recieved first place (hence the cool award icon <<--) for this map.​

Features
    • A cool and humorous starting cinematic​
    • An excellent host options display (see in game)​
    • 11 minigames, all with a variety of skills and appealing to different types of gamers.​
      • Within those 11 there are:
      • 2 race games (each requiring vastly different skills)
      • 1 team game that forces you to work with player's you've been competeting against.
      • 3 elimination games, where you pit yourself against your enemies to see who'll come out on top.
      • and many more.
    • Chaos mode, a mode that will make games more chaotic by decreasing cooldowns or changing factors in the game.
    • A comprehensive ranking system which awards points for coming at least above 5th, but gives you none when you come below that. This keeps the game competetive (1 bad game for first place can put everyone else back in it)​
    • A professional multiboard that displays all the current stats.​
    Features coming soon

• Hero skills, in certain games such as ninjas, and capture the flag, where we have multiple ideas, a list of 5 hero skills will be given. The player will then be able to choose 2 or 3 from the list, increasing the diversity of the game.​
    • Abilitiy sets, somewhat different from hero skills, ability sets are different sets of abilities for each game. This means that each game with multiple ability sets will have a different set of abilities each time you play them. It's different from hero skills, because ability sets changes the gameplay of a certain game. E.g. with a few more offensive skills in one set, Ninjas can become much more about offense and less about dodging and sneaki-ness. This makes each game unique.​
    • Multiple cinematics, basically there will be a set of different cinematics and a random one will be shown. This I think is a great idea to stop people from getting bored by the intro cinematic after the 1st time they've seen it. ​
    • Boss game, soon players will be able to actually kill Uther in the final boss game. Ideas for the boss game are kind of sketchy so feel free to offer your own.​
    • Save/Load codes (inspired by soul chess), basically after each game you will be given a code that you can load in the next game. This code will keep track of the number of games you've played and assign you a number of points based on the amount of games you've done well in and the average 'level' of your opponents. This is a great way to keep minigames more competetive.​
    This is a fairly stable release, I've worked out most of the bugs and tested thoroughly. Just try and read the desciptions for each game. If you have any ideas, suggestions or bugs, please post. Ideas for minigames are especially appreciated :p

Coming soon.. screenshots and descriptions of every game.

And our link on the map database is here.​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have played it a few times now, very enjoyable & the public crowds generally loved it.

Just hope you keep at it, with more & more games as well as improving the current ones.

3. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We will improve all we can. Feedback is the main issue, as not many say WHAT needs improvement and WHY it needs improvement. We gladly take all the ideas we can get.

4. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, we're really looking for ideas but we've got a few minigames that are on the way, raging's computer is broken though so the terrain is taking a bit. We hope to distribute widely once we have like 20+ minigames.

5. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this a few times and I experienced a bug in the santa game. The present disappeared. Oh and I DISCONNECT every time the ice skating mini game starts (I crash/disconnect in some games e.g. The black road rpg, Gem td, Warsong Gulch). I don't know why. About the present disappearing... 1. I went invisible and i threw it to someone else
    2. I think he went WW before it reached him and it disapeared
    3. It didn't appear again even after Santa killed me (then we remaked it)
    Note: This is what i think happened.
    Any questions?

P.s. the ninja mini game, Thirteen.XII said they need a attack.. quote "They should have a normal attack or the swords they carry are useless" or something like that.
    I thought of a quick idea for killing uther... We need to heal you 2 while u kill him and we could also have a stun spell, but we dont have a attack.

6. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For the first one, no I understand what's wrong, I just thought I had fixed that before. I'll check. I'm not sure why you DC, I havent had that problem before. Though sometimes if you play a game that used the widgetizer and then open up another map with certain conditions, it will crash.

For the 2nd one, I know I was debating adding an attack and I think I might, though it was supposed to be a stealth game you know?

Thank you for the comments :thumbs_up:

7. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is awesome,you did insanely good job there.Keep on making new games!

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the positive feedback all, we are working on the next version as I am writing this.

9. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good.I can host this game sometimes,if you find a game join I might be there.:wink:

10. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since it's a stealth game make it so only back-stabs do damage, I've seen it before. More fun and challenging also. :thumbs_up:
    Also I had 2 problems, and 2 ideas. 1 actually.

Third idea, We could be footmen in defense position and archers shoot arrows at us. We take damage if the arrow hits us in the back or side, not front since the shield is in front.

Another Idea you could add AI to play in the game... but you don't need to... and bout the save/load codes. People can just play single player and cheat :nw:. You could disable codes in single player, since people might want to practice. BUT you might want to add AI into the game since people can actually practice in single player.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  11. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dunno about the footmen game, seems a bit similar to other things. Looking mainly for arenas games now.

I am incredibly against an AI, the point of a party map is to play with friends online, not computers. It's a waste of time that could be put into the minigames. And if save/load codes are put in, they will be hard to beat (obviously no code is impossible to beat with warcraft III maps)

12. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the double-post, but I'm just going to post a few (okay one) idea here for people to discuss, like/dislike etc. We'll occasionally post minigame ideas here to see what you think.

Warden Warriors
    You play as a warden in a hilly ashenvale terrain. Visibility is not complete, so you can only see what your unit can see. Since the terrain is hilly, the higher you are, the farther you can see. It's an arena game, not sure whether it will be elimination (you die and you're gone) or just a tally to see how many deaths/kills you get. But either way, your goal is to kill the enemy.

You have an attack, but you will also have several other abilities.

Blink Blast - Blinks to an area and deals damage. Deals damage based on the height you teleported from, a higher ground will deal more damage. You cannot blink to a height that is signficantly higher than your own.
    Shadow Strike - Throws a poisoned knife at a target point, a unit that is hit takes damage, is poisoned and moves slower. It moves slower going up hill and faster going downhill.
    Reveal - Obvious, reveals the entire map for 5 seconds.

Was thinking to add a Fan of Knives, but I think 4 skills is a bit much. Might implement the hero thing for this one, and you'll be able to assign your points at that period where you just look at abilities (for hero games, it will be longer).

So what do you guys think? Good, bad? Too complicated? (A lot of the details will not be said in the abilities/game, because it makes it seem too complicated, people will find out as they go along :p)

13. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe make blink have a slight warning (.5 or so seconds), and add a Dodge spell? Also, make it deal damage modified by the difference in terrain height, not just from the starting terrain height.

14. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    The footmen game is a arena game. you are trapped and archers shoot u from above. What games are similar to that? I am not talking about a dodging a stampede of arrows, I'm talking about arrow's being shot from a bow.
    Any questions?

15. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The blink warning is a good idea, not sure about a dodge spell, 3 spells seems enough. And yeah, that's what I mean with the damage dealth based on difference in height.

It's not an arena game, arena games are where you fight others :p and I'm just not really feeling it that's all, it is kind of similar to the suicide game, though the goals are opposite.

16. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    How 'bout the footmen are able to throw swords at each other (or knives) and they try to kill the enemy. (you can make them stationary or able to move) This is good upgrading :thumbs_up: i think.

17. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A potential Arena idea could be:

Hero Wars (or something)

- Randomly distributes the players into 2 teams on either side of the arena.
    - First team to kill the other team wins a round.
    - There are 3-5 rounds, each round it randomly shuffles the teams.
    - You gain points for being on the winning team each round.

Can be any Hero, or a selection of Heroes.

18. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this was mentioned but in the opening cinematic throne is spelt "thone" at least I thought it was... Anyway great job on the map. Sorry I don't really have any suggestions I'm a little busy, but very good job.

19. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @famouspker, okay thanks I'll get that fixed

@Fulla hm.. I'm wondering. That seems like a lot of effort, multiple heroes. So maybe we'll make that the boss game. I was thinking that for the boss game, we would have an AoS. Uther's side would be in the middle, and the 2 teams would be on either side of uther, each with 1 lane to get to his base. It's pretty easy to get there, but the team to get to Uther first gets first crack at him.

20. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a nice idea. Would be a great thing to add to the map :)