1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hellscream's Party

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Taur, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi I'm back!

Idea,
    you are a tauren who is very territorial and you need to control the only spot on the map.

Roar: scares any neutral away, slows enemy
    Push: push your enemy away
    Thud: Stun, enemy and neutral
    Herd: attracts neutral into a area to trap your enemies

Urban fighting: you are a marine or orcish marine in a urban setting fighting for a area. (CS type game)
    Marine spells: Barricades: creates a barricade to stop incoming fire. (perm.)
    Sprint: run faster
    bomb detect: scans a small area for bombs

Orcish marine spells: Claymore: mine (invis)
    Big Boom: there is a big explosion in a set distance in-front (Random)
    bomb detect: scans a small area for bombs
    Im just thinking but you could keep them same spells, to keep balance.

2. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First one is just like the Tuskarr game, in fact we are planning on having a mode that will leave only 1 circle in the middle.

Urban fighting... hm.. I kind of like it, but I would want an actual goal for such a game isntead of just kill people.

Anyways here's an idea I thought up:

Blademaster Arena - Well basically, it's an arena with.. blade masters lol but instead of being birds eye view, it will be side scrolling like action games. If you've ever played smash brothers you'll know what I mean. In any case, it'll be like that, but with blademasters. You'll use AD for left and right, W for jump, and F for attack (you'll do an attack whether or not someone is in front of you). Hitting some one with very low HP will send them flying, and give you the kill. There will be ledges and stuff, and I think I can make it work, just have to check a few things. But what do you think? Needs more abilities? More skills? What?

edit: this will likely be changed to samurai

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  3. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. the Urban fighting I think will go best with call of duty 4 Sabotage mode - plant a bomb and destroy your enemies cache while defending yours.

the blademaster arena is a cool idea. make it like... smash bros. with multiple characters.:thumbs_up:

4. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A marine game might be a good idea.

And thanks about the bladestorm arena, we're trying to make even the arenas as different as possible.

5. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gem Hunter

Based over an idea i had for a map, but never made.
    A group of peasants found a mystery den of fire, filled with GEMS! but an evil Infernal protects it.

Controls is spells (up,down,left and right) abit like Pirate Tag
    cam is locked from above.

Its basicly just to collect 3 gems, just by running over one, but a giant infernal fires balls of fire towards you!
    , its simply about getting 3 gems and avoid getting roasted, if you get roasted, you are stunned for 5 sec and loose all of your gems.
    To make it longer, there can only be 2 gems on the arena at once, when one is taken, another is spawned.

Pic: wtf.jpg

Edit: played through again once, this is what i think hellscreams party needs:

1-Background Music, Countdown Sounds or/and other sounds.
    2-Small Wait timer before a minigame ends, so you can see who died/won and maybe a special effect on the victoryed players unit? like a townportal portal?
    3-More minigames, but ill quess they come as game evolves :)
    4-Upon Victory, Troph 1 will loose the fight, why? i think Troph 1 should be a Blademaster, Troph 2 a grunt, and troph 3 a peon. now, all the other should be pigs, looking at thoose three guys fighting :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  6. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1- Yeah I've always been horrible with sounds
    2-Yeah a wait when a game ends should be implemented
    3- Correct.
    4- Lol, I'm glad our mistake turned out so well :p The grunts were never supposed to be fighting in the first place, we just got lucky and some people said it was funny. It might be changed in the newest version or not, what do you guys think?

As for your idea, we were thinking of making Crash Bandicoot (I hate the game as it is now) into something like that, though we're still deciding. Any ideas on what we should change it to?

7. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i just think they should, but troph 1 should kill Troph 3, and the Troph 2, while troph 1/2 wacks away on troph 1 (thats alot of "troph :p)

Well, i think that the crash bandicood game is fun, but it needs improvements.
    my ideas for crash minigame:

-Better Knockback, take a look at some of the spells, where you slows over time (it looks better :D)
    -Should not be "glide" but "Spin" so it knoks away all nearby enemys. then, around the arena, the funny mask-thingy (whatever hes called) should spawn as a rune, when you run into it, you will get protected against one spin, not more, and he wont protect against fire. It maybe could be a spell instead in chaos.
    -Chaos:
    Never played Chaos in crash minigame, so my idea would be:
    Iceblocks! get thrown into them, and you stop flying, but the iceblock crumbles...

well, i love hellscreams party, and the people on Bnet does too!
    keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

8. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1 - About the knockback yeah, the system was originally designed for projectiles with a constant speed but then got adapted for knockbacks as well, it should only take a few minutes to add accleration/deaccleration.
    2 - So basically you're saying that just have him play the spinning animation while sliding.
    3 - No idea what you mean lol, what middle thing :p
    4 - Excellent idea (+rep)! You can put them around the edge to protect yourself but might end up helping enemies.

Another idea I had was that your sliding would slow as you come near a fire, so it's not so easy to knock you in, people have to knock you near the fire and then knock you into it again.

9. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, instead of crash "tackling" he will spin, as he does in the crash games, instead of "sitting down" :p

Thanks for rep :)

10. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mm.. we'll consider that for the crash game.

Anyways a new game raging thought up:

Boat Battles, 2 player team

In teams of 2, players control a boat and are in the race of their lives. One player will steer using arrow keys while the other will fire cannons to slow down enemies (the driver will also have 1 or 2 minor weapons). Avoid sea monsters and beat the other players to be victorious. Skills not determined yet.

11. inverted

inverted

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That ability sounds great, keep it up

12. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be fun, especially when a few guys got to teamwork over chat :)

Lord_of_Sausage: TURN!!
    Taur: Wich Way?!
    Lord_of_Sausage: RIGHT!!
    Lord_of_Sausage: HYDRA!
    Taur: ARGHH!!
    Lord_of_Sausage: SHOOT!
    Ragingspeedhorn: YESYES!
    Lord_of_Sausage: HIT GD!!
    Game Notice: Team ones boat were destroyed.
    Lord_of_Sausage: -.-' i said hydra...

that would be fun, also, when 2 teams are yelling at each other :p

nice idea :)

13. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, any ideas on abilities? Like what the driver should be able to do. What types of attacks the gunman should have?

14. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok, heres my suggestions:
    Captain:
    uses arrowkeys (delay :/).
    Can do different orders by spells like "down whit the sail!" or so.
    Cannoner:
    Can shoot one way, out of the side of the ship.
    there is 2 cannoners, one on each side of the ship.
    Bucanner:
    This is the rest of the team, if there arent full, then buccanners are just removed.
    Bucanners are pretty important for a good teamwork as they:

-raises the sail wich increases the speed of the ship (to increase speed, the bucaner has to spam "Raise Sail" to make the ship go faster, like ship always moves at 15 distance Pr 0.05 sec, but pressing raise sail will make it +1 at speed for one second, and it stacks!)

-Throw stone, throws a stone in target direction, that gives a little damage.

-Repair Ship, spam it, every time you do so, ship gains one life!

//Lord_of_Sausage

15. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    m... not sure about the whole bucaneer thing, I think 2 players per boat is what we will have. There will probably be an option that will automatically disable team games when the amount of players is not even anyways.

I like the repair ship idea, but putting it for the captain. I think the captain will also have ram, which will basically send you sliding in the direction (left or right) and if you hit another boat, that one will be sent flying and you'lll stop. Or else you'll slide a bit more (and stop moving forward). I think I'll link repair ship and raise sails, so the captain can choose to spam 1, either speed or repair the boat when appropriate but not both at the same time.

For the cannon-neer, I'm thinking a variety of different shots such as:

Harpoon - instantly kills a sea monster, but deals no dmg to ships.
    Cannon - An AoE damage target that will deal high damage to all boats (including your own) when it lands, but travels fairly slow.
    Rock - A fast moving projectile that will slow enemies if it hits.

Btw, I saw HSP hosted once on East, and I'm rather happy about it lol. Good to know that people play it once in a blue moon.

16. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the bump, here's another game idea: (expect a release sometime soon)

Big Bad Wolves - You play as a wolf hunting down sheep in a field. But there's a catch, they're all invisible! Use your hunting sense to reveal nearby sheep and then chase them down. Revealing sheep to you, will not reveal them to your enemies. Killing sheep gets you points based on how large they are (there's one huge and fast sheep worth a ton as well) The wolf with the most points at the end wins/. Skills:

Hunting Sense: Reveals all sheep nearby to just you.
    Slash: Deals high damage to all sheep in the area, but reveals all your known sheep to the other wolves.
    Hunting Fury: Increases your movespeed and gives you the ability to see all invisible units (however once they pass out of your line of sight they will turn invisible again, unlike Hunting Sense). Lasts 5 seconds.
    Cripple - Cripples a target wolf or sheep, slowing them dramatically for 5 seconds.

17. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Funny :)
    Mystery Box:
    Each player got a pitlord. this guy got 3 spells: Wait 2 seconds, Wait 3 Seconds and wait 4 seconds.
    in the start, a number is shown over the box (wich is in the middle, pitlords around it), this number indicates how long time it will take for the box to explode. it will onlky be shown once. Now, you got to send the ball to the next person, by using one of the 3 spells, each one will damage the box by its wait duration. Last man standing wins.
    hope you get it :)

18. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know what u sould make a revive sistem becous when i play with noobs the all die and then they ask how can i revive now? then i die becous of them...

19. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mm. not a bad idea, I'll run it by raging.

Ah well, that's the point of most of them. You dont revive, it's last man standing. That's like that in many party maps. However, I am adding an option to make arena maps Deathmatch or Survivor. So either in all arenas you will have to kill as many as possible, or be the last one standing. E.g. ninja will become get the most kills.

20. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the boat battle... It's really a good idea, although I think there should be 2 options. 1. Pairs, each pair controls a small ship. 2. Team. 2 teams with 1 Big boat. so pairs is 2v2v2v2v2v2... and team is 6v6 or 5v5 or 4v4 ... default is Pairs. In pairs 1 person is navigator, and 1 is the Defender, Navi. moves Def. defends and attacks. the arena is foggy so low visibility, and if u crash into a opponent's ship you can have a fight on the decks (just a thought).

Spells: Sails up. Speeds up, 4 seconds cast time
    Sails Down. Slows down, 2 seconds cast time
    Barrier. You throw junk on both sides of the ship to stop a ship from colliding and causing a deck fight