• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Hello, I just started making a map, I have a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. How do I permanently fix the time to a certain time? I wanted to keep night time all the time for a few regions of the map.
  • Answered ( Game- Turn day/night cycle off)
2. How do I make it so that the time doesn't move even with cheats? Like in MineralZ if I remember correctly. (I assume it's by using variables, and use the variable to match with the time or prevent leaps in time.. but I can't be too sure)

3. How to make a mp3 file play when hosted at the waiting for player screen, before even starting the game countdown? I have seen that in Platform Escape Gay Bar, made by some korean creator, it is very useful, yet I haven't seen any map which has done that before.
  • Answered (Use map initialization to play the sound)
4. I am creating an Anime genre RPG, mainly characters from SAO and the Main characters from Magic Highschool, and I chose the largest map possible - Map size is greater than 192 x 192 (requires an extension). Will it cause the map not to be playable?
  • Answered (Blight might cause unstability in extended maps)
5. I have created the map and deleted the melee configuration, however whenever I test the game in WE there will be a blue computer player when hosted, how to remove that?
  • Answered (tick the fix force setting)
6. How to use more and different custom tiles, when clicked on modify tileset it will change my entire original tileset..
  • Answered (Add them in triggers)
7. How to create text tag for areas, I used initialization event for text tag, but they don't show above the units or the doodads. How do I make them visible?

8.. How to disable campaign path ERROR when saving map in WE, and disable showing the Sc.Exp dialog.
  • Answered (Disable it from the options in campaign compiler (Sc.Exp)
9. How to change ingame minimap picture?
  • Answered (use a square 256x256 war3mapMap.tga or .blp)

Did I miss anything important for an RPG?
Oh of course the save load, any recommended jass save/load systems on hive?
Please share with me your ideas and answer me to the best of your knowledge! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Level 15
1. How do I permanently fix the time to a certain time? I wanted to keep night time all the time for a few regions of the map.
  • Game - Set the time of day to 0.00
  • Game - Turn the day/night cycle Off
You can't do this only for certain regions, this affects the whole map. If you want to do this only for certain regions, you'll have to improvise.
5. I have created the map and deleted the melee configuration, however whenever I test the game in WE there will be a blue computer player when hosted, how to remove that?
Try changing the configuration in Scenario -> Player Properties in your World Editor.
6. I want to use different custom tiles, when clicked on modify tileset it will change my entire original tileset.. how do i use more types of tiles..
If you want to use a greater number of tiles in your map, you'll have to use another editor or change them manually via the trigger:

• Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
However, if you only want to change/exchange the tiles with another base ones without increasing their number beyond the limit, tick "Use Custom Tileset" in the Modify Tileset window and then Shift/Remove/Add/Replace the tiles.
If you want to use custom imported terrain tiles, you gotta import them to your map with the import path of a base terrain tile you want to replace, and it will be there replacing that tile. Here is the list of the base terrain tile paths: --All Warcraft 3 Tile Paths--.
7. Also I am creating text tag for areas, I used initialization event for text tag, but they don't show above the units or the doodads. How do I make them visible?
I'm not sure what exactly this is, but if you are using floating text you gotta show it via this trigger function:

• Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)

Level 7
1. worked!
5. I had red to player 10 all same force but its not getting any change.
6. Thanks for that suggestion!
7. no text tag still
8.. it keep telling me campaign path ERROR when i save map, and show the Sc.Exp dialog to ask me to save the map as campaign, how do i clear that?
9. Also, the minimap can be masked with a picture file right? how to do that?

Last edited:
2. Run periodic timer to set it at specific time OR made a trigger that checks the current time not equal to your time
3. Run music at Map Initialization if I recall, DotA has done such as well
4. Map above 256x256 has possibility to break some inbuilt system. Blight has been reported to break in maps above 256x256
5. Scenario -> Force Properties -> Tick "Fixed Player Setting"
7. Use "Elapsed Game Time equals to 0.00" if it solves the problem. For floating texts, make sure to never have more than 100 at entire map at a time. A trick to deal with that limit for floating text is to manipulates text tag to be shown only when the object is seen by player.
8. Disable Sc Exp if you're not using it
9. Use TGA files if I recall

Level 7
I see.. periodic timer causes a lot of leaks for me so I always tend to not use it
3. I did that as well, but my map can only run in WE and not hosted, why can't it host :/
4. my map doesn't have blight if i recall idk why it cant be hosted OAO
5. Thanks the forces got fixed!
7. Tried that too, the floating text are not showing.
8. I had no idea where to disable at first now I found it ! :p Hardly use those functions at the back so I have no idea how to fix that
9. What path do I import it?

Last edited:
Level 7
@Alok, my blp is 512x512, and it looks terribly wrong LOL

Attachments

• 1233.jpg
    1233.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 71
Level 7
Looks pretty clean after using 256x256!
Is there ways to hide in-game minimap units, it shows tiny green dots representing my starting characters

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.