• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have two questions that is need to be solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, hivers! I need two questions answered. First, how do I make units actively use their skills because I have notice that I have gave a shockwave ability to a unit but when I fight that unit with shockwave ability... he is not casting. How do I make the unit cast it? Second, how Do I make a skill like attributes that has never ending level. Even how many levels, still you can learn it.

I WISH SOMEONE WILL ANSWER THIS QUESTONS. THANK YOU! PLEASE MKE THE ANSWER DETAILED FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND.:thumbs_up:

Level 17
one way is to go to your ability then shift + enter on the levels section and enter a value just dont put something like 99999999 anything from 500 to 800 is already ridiculously big also for your shockwave, if you are fighting a hero who has it make sure that it learned it first else it cant cast it, if its not like that then maybe shockwave is not triggered in the game ai.

Level 4
First:
- You can use trigger, such as when he's notice an enemy within range, he will fire it.
Or, if an enemy comes within range, he will fire...

(Second:
- Why don't you use the Tomes like Tome of Agility? It's like when an unit learns an ability she will receive the Tomes, and every time you increase the ability it's decreased automatically. Well, you can't use level on tooltip for it though...)

Level 25
one way is to go to your ability then shift + enter on the levels section and enter a value just dont put something like 99999999 anything from 500 to 800 is already ridiculously big also for your shockwave, if you are fighting a hero who has it make sure that it learned it first else it cant cast it, if its not like that then maybe shockwave is not triggered in the game ai.

For some reason, high ability levels take really long to load.

Elfansoer's method would be the best for you, in my opinion.

Level 17
yes defenetly takes longer for the map to load if you have an ability with several hundred levels. but he wants to be able to learn it and there isnt much of a difference if he only has one ability with many levels. i think there is a 2 second map loading delay per big ability

Level 4
First:
- You can use trigger, such as when he's notice an enemy within range, he will fire it.
Or, if an enemy comes within range, he will fire...

(Second:
- Why don't you use the Tomes like Tome of Agility? It's like when an unit learns an ability she will receive the Tomes, and every time you increase the ability it's decreased automatically. Well, you can't use level on tooltip for it though...)

I have created a map with this attribute. When you learn a attribute, it will add the attribute in you and when you want to learn it, it is still there but I have just used a skill with only 1 level. Its like repeating process like when you learn that ability, remve the ability so you can relearn it, I have done it in the map but doesnt work now...dont know why. So Im looking for solutions here.

Level 3
  • Untitled Trigger 007
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YOUR UNIT
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point
this?

Level 4
  • Untitled Trigger 007
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YOUR UNIT
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point
this?

That trigger wont work. Why? I have tried that Action trigger Unit - Order. It only lets you cast warcraft spells. I want custom spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.