1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

hello all. help please :(

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by shademehre, Nov 1, 2007.

1. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/877/

found that one, looks pretty cool, if this dosent work ima use the starfall ability thing animation =\

as for the "unimmolation" k, ill have to look for it but makes sense, at school atm so ill have to wait till i get home though....

lol thanks so much guys :D

oh! and how would i like make shockwave push everything out of its path?
    (or something like dota's rexxar's roar ult?)

OOOOOOMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGG no matter what i do or what i change i cant get any animation to work with custom skills! its saved as a BLP or a MDX file, wtf are those? ugh is there a tutorial or something i can use to help me? -.- ive tried importing it and using the import as the model and that dosent work, i cant get anything to work.......
    thankz

~@~bob

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    use the mdx file, and for the animations you would look at the ability and go to the first section that says "Art Animation names" and if your unit has spell animation you would type the string in that data file - spell

3. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    uh, ok :(

ok, so i take the skill blizzard, and chance where it says

"stats - effects: blizzard (effect)"

ok, so i made my own custom effect based on the "blizzard (effect) <effect>" effect in the buffs\effects tab, only thing i changed is where it says "art - effect: (i inserted the path of the imported MDX file here)

and nothing happens, ive tried so many other things but still notta, and besides, whe dosent this work? it makes perfect sense to me....yet nothing hapens...SO FRUSTRATED

ty guyzez, know its not fun dealing with a dumbass like myself, but trust me, its even less fun being the dumbass....

~@~bob

4. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    either the model you dled requires a skin and you didnt import it to your map, or the model you dled was in moderation queue. post a link.

5. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you sure you made the ability have your custom effect?

7. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, under "stats-effects" it says the name of my custom spell

8. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't make a custom effect, just change the existing one. Sometimes making a new custom effect doesn't work for some reason.

9. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    eh tried that, still nothing, and i got around to testing the stampeed ability witha custom model, still nothing....

how the hell do you guys make it work? triggers? -.- shouldent have to use them.... :( :( :(

~@~bob

10. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    go to import maneger, does the model you downloaded(the lightning bolt blizzard) say its a model? or an other, cause if it says other, then redownload the model

11. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, under the "type" field it says model

~@~bob

12. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    and so when you cast the blizzard, it still looks like blizzard?

13. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    no, when i cast blizzard with the effect still the same one but with a different model nothing happens, just goes pshewww pshewww and damages stuff but no effect at all, take it out and add the blizzard model, or any other model under the "buffs" drop down menu and it works fine, but nothing else.

~@~bob

14. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hmmm, have you tryed re opening WE if that even matters... hmm weird.. hmm... does your spell still have the same buffs?

15. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes to both qustions...is there somethng wrong with the files maby? seems like anything thats not a .mld dosent work....

16. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry about the double post (if that matters on this forum :S its been awhile anyways)

ok i just downloaded this and used it as the model file for a hero and it works just fine. whats different about it from any of the other "spell" model things? (or, why does this work and the others don't?)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3444/

ok i fixed the blizzard thing, i guess some models are broken and dont work or only work for unlimited? (dunno what im talking about just guessing)

sooooooo now i am still having problems taking the armor buff off when he turns off immolation, the :unimmolation" thing didnt work, perhaps "deactivate immolation"?

ok i have a theroy, could i make it wait untill the casting unit dosent have the buff "immolation" on him any more, then make it remove the armor buff? would this work? and if so how would i make the trigget to do it? i cant figure it out, tried the wait for condition thing but that was a no-go :(

thankz soooooo much peoples...

~@~bob

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  17. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you just check if unit has buff = to false

18. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok i got that problem fixed, now im trying to add an enchant ability that adds damage\attack speed, what would that skill look like? ive tried using the bloodlust ability but i dont want it to be a target spell, i want it to go on me right when i cast it so i used a dummy to cast it on me when i use howl of terror with a 0% damage reduction. now when i try to add the +damage item ability the same way i did with immolation, it dosent eer go away, i have it set to add it, wait 25 seconds, then remove it but it just stays there....wtf? any ideas as to how to fix this?

thankz

~@~bob

19. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    if it is a percent damage bonus then you can use a damage scroll, and you should base the ability off berserk.