1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

hello all. help please :(

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by shademehre, Nov 1, 2007.

1. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then use conversion then -.-

Okay, I'm not helping at all, so I'll stop and shut up T-T

2. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    nononoon, not that your not helping, its just i dont know how to "read" per say the triggers, or know what each thing does, like that huge ass forumula to cast a tree made no sense to me, but im going to give up on the tree wall, although if somebody would like to make the trigger for me i would be more than gratefull...

have any suggestions for a new skill to replace that one? i considered changing it from a tree to a big gate, but how the hell do you summon a gate? lol (im talking like how would that even make sense in the game, not how to do it BTW)

ok well next skill : would like to add X times your agi or str to your next attack

also : +X str per enemy killed

thankz

~@~bob

3. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    • Poop INIT
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Learns an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Hero skill learned) Equal to [YourAbility]
      • Actions
        • Set HeroVar[Player number of (Owner of (Learning Hero))] = (Learning Hero)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 1, then (Trigger - Turn on (Poop Lvl 1)) else (Do Nothing)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 2, then (Trigger - Turn on (Poop Lvl 2)) else (Do Nothing)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 2, then (Trigger - Turn off (Poop Lvl 1)) else (Do Nothing)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 3, then (Trigger - Turn on (Poop Lvl 3)) else (Do Nothing)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 3, then (Trigger - Turn off (Poop Lvl 2)) else (Do Nothing)
        • If (Level of [YourAbility]) Equal to 3, then (Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)) else (Do Nothing)

• Poop Lvl 1
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Dies
      • Conditions
        • Killing Unit Equal to HeroVar[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))]
      • Actions
        • Hero - Modify Agility of HeroVar[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))]: Add X

Why did I have to create an Array to a Unit Variable (HeroVar)?
    The purpose is to make the spell an MPI spell (Multi Player Instance [?]) to enable other player to use the same spell to a hero without any errors or unnatural things happening

4. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    heh awsome it works, now time for a few qustions :)

1) all of my custom heros you can ckeep making over and over, like as if they were an ordnary unit, but the origonal heros you can only make one of them, then it removes it from the list of heros you can "train". how do i make it where you can only "train" one of my custom heros?

2) the +str per units killed skill is working pretty well, but i feel that adding +1, +2, and +3 str per kill is going to become IMBA, so i tried to lower it to .24, .5, and .75, per level, per unit killed. only problem is its still adding 1 no matter what level it is...(like it wont accept decimel str ammounts)

3) i dont recall ever seeing a computer use my custom hero o_O how do i make them decide that its just as good as any of the others?

4)and how do i use a skill, and when i use it it adds +X(agi) damage to my target?

thanks alot <3 :D

~@~bob

5. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need to make your own AI for the hero, I believe this is possible through the AI editor, (however I've never used it) but I KNOW that its possible through triggers. Also make sure you start computer AI somewhere in your triggers, else the only thing with AI will be Neutral Hostile.
    Ok I still haven't learned how to use these silly html GUI tags, so bear with me.
    First make a dummy ability which doesn't actually do anything, but uses the mana you want and has the cooldown you want. Make it castable on another unit.
    Next make a trigger that checks if any unit has casted any ability. Use a condition to check that the ability casted is the one you want.
    Hit ctrl + b and make a unit variable named "CastUni"
    Now (it gets a little tricky) use the action Custom Script and write "local unit udg_CastUni = GetSpellTargetUnit()"
    then hit ok and use a trigger to add X agility to the target unit of the casted spell. Then make a wait for 10 seconds (the time this agility will last) Finally add 0 - X to the agility of CastUni.
    This makes the ability add X agility and then after 10 seconds the agility will go away.

6. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmmmm i see, not what i had in mind but i really think what you posted to be a better idea....(an enchant skill? o_O)

also, you cant set AI for custom heros -.- or if you can idk how, guess ill look it up - still need help with:

plz and thankz

~@~bob

7. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    #1 I'm not aware how the normal way to do this is, but you could use a trigger

Event
    "Generic unit finishes training unit"
    Condition:
    "Unit Type(Trained unit) = HeroType"
    Action:
    "Make unit type(Type of(Trained unit)) (unavailable) for construction/training for player(owner of(Trained unit))"

>>>>I wish I knew how to use GUI tags....<<<<<

#2 Its true, It only accepts integer values, so you have to use a counter to add 1 strength every 3 kills. Or 1 strength every 10 kills.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  8. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Here's the fix ^_^

Go to Advanced - Gameplay Constants.

Go to Techtree - Dependency Equivalents and add your custom heroes there

I think setting a REAL Variable and use conversion, somehow like this

LEVEL 1 TRigger
    • Actions
      • Set RealVar[1] = 0.25
      • Hero - Modify Agility of HeroVar[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))]: Add (Integer[?](RealVar[1]))

THIS IS UNTESTED NOR I DOUBT THIS WILL WORK ^^ BUT JURT TRY

Check my signature, it has a tut on creating AI to heroes (if you need more explanation, please ask)

• Strength DMG
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
      • Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (50.00 + (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Exclude bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

HOW TO GET (Real((Strength of (CastingUnit) (Exclude bonuses))

Conversion - Convert Integer to Real ~ Hero - Hero Attribute

This will cause 50 + Strength of Casting Unit DAMAGE..

9. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your method for #2 wouldn't work because the real to integer function truncates. It works like this 1.5 -> 1 or 2.9999 -> 2
    or .5 -> 0
    Also I already answered #4

10. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I said I doubt it will work ^.^

And also, it woudn't hurt making sure right?

And I see you're using locals o_O (MUI is not needed btw)

EDIT:

Oh I see!!! I thought he meant by using a skill which will damage (like storm bolt) the unit with Str or Agi T-T.. IM SO STOOPID*!!!!!

11. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    i see, not to sound stupid or anything but uhhh....how do i use this said counter? :S

oh and say if i wanted to make an animation play at the target unit, how could i see a list of animations so i know which one i think would work best for the skill im trying to make?

and DenZel94, heh that kinda worked, now i gotta make a keep before i can make another, ima try your idea now, wd40bomber7 :D

thankz alot guyz :)

~@~bob

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  12. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad to help, anyway to do that, look at the LEFT side of your Terrain Editor (which is the main window). Create the unit in the map in WE and select the unit. When you press that, you will see Stand (~~.~~) and 2 arrows facing the opposite direction. Stand is the name of the animation, (~~.~~) is how many seconds the animation finishes and the arrows are the ability to see other animations (such as Attack (-1 / -2), other Stand Animations and Spell animation etc.) with a figure of the model under it..

13. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    ugh this is annoying, every time i try to make an easy sounding trigger myself it never ever works -.-

ok this time i want the immolation skill, where you turn it on\off, etc. but i want it to add X armor to the casting unit too....how would this be accomplished? (or did that even make sense?) (gogo melee wizzard! PEWPEW!!!)

ugh, thanks soooooooo much guys...

~@~bob

14. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    when the unit orders "immolation" or w.e give the unit an ability in a disabled spell book that will give it armor

15. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually the spell for adding armor doesn't haven an icon to begin with so you wouldn't need a disabled spell book to hide it. However the suggestion is still valid. When the users turns on immolation, add an ability which gives +X armor. When the user turns it off remove the ability.

16. shademehre

shademehre

Resources:
    Resources:
    uh, ok well i couldent find a passive ability thing so i used a devotion aura with no aura\AOe or anything....but now the problem is when i set it to remove it, i cant set it to remove it when he de-activates the ability, if i use the "stops" or "finish" casting an ability options, it waits until the sound\anumation of casting it is over and removes the armor "aura" how do i make it where it only goes away when he de-activates it? =\

oh, and also i cant figure out how to make say, blizzard, instead of its ice shards, it casts down waves of say..lightning bolts

~@~bob

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  17. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the issue order of "unimmolation"

18. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok for the additonal armor ability, use the item ability that adds armor. (theres like 10 of them) That ability has no icon and works very well.

Ok what you do is you wait for the unit to cast the ability with the order code of 'unimmolation'. (As stated ambiguously by Just_Spectating)

19. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    for the lightning shards, there is a model on this site that you can download that is perfect for that.

20. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    The reason you can't find blizzards model location (so you can change it) is because I'm pretty sure its in the effect. Look at the effect specified in the ability, check it out. I'm pretty sure the effect well contain the location for you to change the model.