• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone - The [Blademaster] Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
arWJaRW.png
XmHpJOS.png

I made this for fun! I'm 100% sure this whole class is impossible. Although, it would be really cool if some of these ideas were made into reality. If I were to describe this class, it would be like a mixture of Warrior, Druid, Rogue, somewhat Warlock, and what the Monk would probably be like. Anyway, enjoy reading my Blademaster class! I apologize if the images are too big.

Bleeding: Similar to the Frozen status, it only lasts until the end of the opposing player's turn. Bleeding will ALWAYS deal 1 damage when applied. At the end of the opposing player's turn, it will deal 1 damage again, unless silenced. Bleeding cannot be stacked, so if Bleeding were to be applied twice to the same card, it will not deal 2 damage at the end of the turn. However, it will still deal the initial 1 damage.

Flow Mechanic:
The Blademaster class uses the Flow mechanic, which involves the proper managing of your Mana Crystal usage. The order in which you use your cards in is important. For example, if a card says the following:

Flow (-1): You must have at least (1) Empty/Used Mana Crystal after using the card to get the additional Effect.

Flow (1+): You must have at most (1) Available/Unused Mana Crystal after using the card to get the additional Effect.

Basic Set:
wqZcbUi.png
gsRdbVo.png
XJqqsci.png
tCMDtAB.png
Zz2Yf5B.png
9C5jKa0.png
nMPMefH.png
MsMWUOc.png
FSIde3M.png
mTGS5gK.png

Expert Set:
SHXZrE5.png
Z4g4a9Z.png
tTMIKko.png
ccLkiFg.png
AJd8LFN.png
REPFOqZ.png
D0wVFxY.png
D5dapZS.png
CcVbf0j.png
dHhK1YD.png
n0RMUHV.png
YVIXiFs.png
AyfKhmd.png
1ULQgFa.png
hffz6N3.png
4r9mSRc.png
0M7snK3.png
9dvZtl1.png
NDJ9Jjq.png
FdBZkqW.png
hT5KK0i.png
v7GXfFf.png
fvBU1TG.png
M78fetp.png
wDZmGHM.png
BpjzQrU.png
IvwDmXd.png
Cw0OdMA.png
Y568jKw.png
kSooL9h.png
MhRa3X4.png
mlqBoJM.png
G8IRsiY.png

Legendaries:
h1Ncjve.png
b32Dg4E.png
CKmFsPc.png

a4P8nsq.png
bOC6Rap.png

Naxxramas Set:
oAWD25z.png

Credits to all the Artists whom I've taken the pics used for the cards from. Thank you very much! Cards created using http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/

Last edited:
Level 12
I generally think that you've put together quite the niche class here, albit op though. I think that the worgen doesn't fit (since besides "adjacent" placement doesn't matter unlike in some other card games) and I noticed there were a lot of cards that got better if they were bleeding but I only saw one card (a weapon) that actually made your own minions bleed yourself.

Level 7
I generally think that you've put together quite the niche class here, albit op though. I think that the worgen doesn't fit (since besides "adjacent" placement doesn't matter unlike in some other card games) and I noticed there were a lot of cards that got better if they were bleeding but I only saw one card (a weapon) that actually made your own minions bleed yourself.

May I ask what you thought was OP? There are a few cards in here that I also thought could need some re-tweaking, but wasn't sure.

Yes, I've also thought the Worgen Martyr isn't really much of a Blademaster-esque card. In fact, it could simply be just a common minion. Although, I thought it would be neat to introduce the idea of the card itself in some way.

I actually thought of making a minion that had this following effect: "Bleed any character damaged by this minion." I wasn't sure if this was OK or not. I think it might be suitable replacement effect for Worgen Martyr maybe?

Level 12
May I ask what you thought was OP?

Well some of the cards cost the same as other already existing cards with the same stats but with the extra mana flow for potential value increase, like how meditation have at least the same value as arcane intellect but potential for more.

It should be more like how wrath and frost bolt deal 3 damage for 2 mana so eviscerate deals 2 damage or 4 damage.

And although I didn't get exactly how it works the bonuses appear to be above average in general.

Level 7
Well some of the cards cost the same as other already existing cards with the same stats but with the extra mana flow for potential value increase, like how meditation have at least the same value as arcane intellect but potential for more.

It should be more like how wrath and frost bolt deal 3 damage for 2 mana so eviscerate deals 2 damage or 4 damage.

And although I didn't get exactly how it works the bonuses appear to be above average in general.

Meditation is an Expert set card, while Arcane Intellect is a Basic set. Meditation should be compared to the Druid's Nourish card instead though. It's basically like a mixture of Arcane Intellect and Nourish which is why it's a Rare like Nourish.

Anyway, I'm assuming you're confused about how "Flow" works correct? Meditation says "Draw 2 cards. Flow (2+): Draw 3 instead." So to get the Flow effect, you have to have at least 5 Mana Crystals in your pool.

For example, if you're on Turn 5, you cannot play an Amani Berserker before Meditation. Otherwise, you will not get the Flow effect because you will no longer have two Available Mana Crystals after you use Meditation. However, if you use Meditation first then you will get the Flow effect to Draw 3 cards. Afterwards, you can play Amani Berserker because Meditation only costs 3.

Think of Flow as a different interpretation of the Combo mechanic.

Level 12
Yeah I get that part, but then there were these cards that restored empty mana crystals, does that mean that the flow mechanic removes empty mana crystals somehow?

Level 7
Yeah I get that part, but then there were these cards that restored empty mana crystals, does that mean that the flow mechanic removes empty mana crystals somehow?

The only card that refills Empty Mana Crystals is Seiza. Not the same thing as Flow. Flow doesn't remove or use any Mana Crystals. Flow looks to see if you have the displayed amount of Used or Unused Mana Crystals in your pool after using the card.

If you're referring to a card that says something like: "Flow (-3)" it means you have to use a card first before playing the Flow (-3) one.

For example, Concentration says "Heal ALL friendly characters by 2. Flow (-3): Heal 4 instead and draw 2 cards." Flow (-3) means you MUST have 3 Used/Empty Mana Crystals to activate the Flow effect.

To get the Flow effect, you must be on Turn 4 or later. During Turn 4, you must use a card(s) that cost up to (3), so that you have at least 3 Empty Mana Crystals to activate its Flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.