• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favorite class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So, what is your favorite class, strategy?

I'd say it is either druid or mage. Both are really fun to play, however druid lacks good clears for me. Yeah, it has 5 damage and Swipe, but it's not an Assasinate, you know, sometimes hard to clear stuff. But he is really good late game, especially with all those 8 drops, Cenarius, Force of Nature, all those good cards. On the other hand mage is a removal/cc madness. So many aoe control, removals and the might polymorph. Really fun to play. Also his class ability used on Gurubashi Berserker, pls.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

My favourite class is Druid, although I stopped playing it like a week ago, it requires too much p2w cards.

Then comes Shaman, Paladin and Mage.

Level 10
Well, Paladin is overpowered imo. He is always overpowered in Blizzard's games, haha :D
About druid, yeah, he requires those p2w cards and that hurts, still didn't spend any money on the game and have some decent cards. Arenas are the key!

Level 36
As with nearly any competitive games, I don't consider myself really good at all.
Up til very recently I played nearly only hunter, not because I was good at it,
but because I really like Rexxar :p

Though, recently, I discovered that Priest with a decent amount of taunt units,
and propped full of class spells, especially the copy cards, works pretty nice for
me :)

I like rogue play a lot. The synergy between cards and their combos are just fun. I recently got into Shaman play too. Their spells are pretty nice overall and the overload is a cool mechanic.

But as a staple, I am always biased towards a lock (maybe because of WoW). I haven't played him in a while, but I can never get sick of the warlock theme.

Level 10
I like rogue play a lot. The synergy between cards and their combos are just fun. I recently got into Shaman play too. Their spells are pretty nice overall and the overload is a cool mechanic.

But as a staple, I am always biased towards a lock (maybe because of WoW). I haven't played him in a while, but I can never get sick of the warlock theme.

This. I agree.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Probably Rouge for me (yes, I know I spelled it wrong, it was intended :p). I love adding +1 or +2 spell power on the field and having 3 damage shivs and 6 damage eviscerates. Gotta love spells ^^

Probably Rouge for me (yes, I know I spelled it wrong, it was intended :p). I love adding +1 or +2 spell power on the field and having 3 damage shivs and 6 damage eviscerates. Gotta love spells ^^

I agree. +spell damage is just so rewarding. They can turn any ability deadly (and they are insanely good for AoE abilities). Just today, I had an ancient mage and I cast consecrate (= 4 damage, would clear the board). I was so giddy.

... and then it turns out the mage's secret was counterspell. I was just about ready to flip the table at that point. :(

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I have a better one for you, double +2 damage fan of knives. Total of 6 damage +2 cards for some like 4 mana? more or less.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
changed my mind to warlock.. went from rank 15 to rank 10 in 24 hours only playing murloc warlock.. my best rating ever was 14.

I used this deck if anyone wants to try it out.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15523-murlock-rwlrwlrwl-warlock-murloc

anyway, mages seems to be REALLY popular lately.. I went up againt like 8 mages in a row at rank 14-15.

Level 24
Beyond any doubt rogue it's the only class I've reached level 60 with even though their decks are pretty weak until they've picked some epics and legendaries I like their combo systems though their early game is centered around the coin. Not to mention that Valeera Sanguinar is one of my favorite characters from the lore.

Beyond any doubt rogue it's the only class I've reached level 60 with even though their decks are pretty weak until they've picked some epics and legendaries I like their combo systems though their early game is centered around the coin. Not to mention that Valeera Sanguinar is one of my favorite characters from the lore.

It is actually funny that the combo system isn't available at first. I didn't even know it existed or what it did when I was first playing my rogue. It is kinda interesting that Blizz didn't make any of the combo cards naturally available considering it is so core to the class.

Level 24
It is actually funny that the combo system isn't available at first. I didn't even know it existed or what it did when I was first playing my rogue. It is kinda interesting that Blizz didn't make any of the combo cards naturally available considering it is so core to the class.

Would I have to make a sad guess its because it doesn't make them any money but we have a lot of classes that do have their core cards from start so maybe I'm just being foolish.

Level 33
Deck: Hunter
Strategy: Control-Rush

I have about 16 Spell Cards for my deck, and other would be minions card.
Forgot to mention that I don't have a 5-drop card and above, it's all 4 and below :)
Maybe someday, I'll get King Krush, but we're going out of topic right now.

My first draw (so far: 90% of the time) will get both Spell Card AND minions.
Plan is to wait (don't drop any minions cards except Taunt-minions and always on each turn, consider the possible damage taken by your Hero, if it's too risky, drop the cards (usually comes in turn 5~6).

By the turn 7~8, my HP would drop to 20~23, and this is the moment to unleash my minions (or should I say, unleash my HOUNDS :)

I don't even care if my minions will only survive one turn, it's all about the damage done to the enemy hero in one turn + Hero Power.

By now, things have turned, he would go for defensive mode, and if in luck, I would drop the Kill Command to finish off the enemy.

Level 5
Gul'dan for obvious reasons.

1. As a new player I almost have no rare/epic/legendary cards. Playing against someone with the same situation is possible with any class, but I never won against someone who heavily puts legendary/epic/rare cards into his deck, except with Gul'dan.

2. Some Base-Cards are really nice to have, usually cheap with a negative side effect, usually "discard". Or "loose 1 Mana".

3. A very simple but kinda useful Deck consists of all the warlock Base-Cards with the rest being Taunt-Monsters of every cost (1-6) and 2 Draw-Monsters. With that one can already win even against powerful opponents. The Taunt Monsters usually lead the enemy to burn off his cards, while you effectivly cannot run out of cards in your hand in the first 10-12 Turns (sticking to mostly 3-cost and 4-cost).

4. Gul'dan's the closest one I could relate to, wanting to play an undead Deck. Because I like undead alot in almost any game. Why there is none is beyond me.

Level 17
Hunter simply because a lot of his good cards are cheap/free and also some Shaman and Druid.
The other two started lagging behind and I got no funds nor patience to grind for the better cards in order for the decks to stay relevant.

Hunter is very easy to play early game, even the base deck suffices. Though I have thrown in unleash the hounds, hyenas,the stealthed cats and a lucked out longbow.
It worked fine, only later on it got crappier against decks with cheap removals like mage, paladin and rogue.
I wouldn't even change any cards I think, maybe swap something for highmanes but even then *shrug*.

Status
Not open for further replies.