1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your favorite class!

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Hadeis, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Hadeis

Hadeis

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So, what is your favorite class, strategy?

I'd say it is either druid or mage. Both are really fun to play, however druid lacks good clears for me. Yeah, it has 5 damage and Swipe, but it's not an Assasinate, you know, sometimes hard to clear stuff. But he is really good late game, especially with all those 8 drops, Cenarius, Force of Nature, all those good cards. On the other hand mage is a removal/cc madness. So many aoe control, removals and the might polymorph. Really fun to play. Also his class ability used on Gurubashi Berserker, pls.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pala is the way to go. They got great board controll. I think theyre a really stable pick atm. Had a few issues with mages before but after nerfs spell mages are not played anymore.

Equality>Concecration clears board completely.
    Equality>Avanging Wrath works aswell.
    Hammer of wrath and the weapons on top of that.

3. My favourite class is Druid, although I stopped playing it like a week ago, it requires too much p2w cards.

Then comes Shaman, Paladin and Mage.

4. Hadeis

Hadeis

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, Paladin is overpowered imo. He is always overpowered in Blizzard's games, haha :D
    About druid, yeah, he requires those p2w cards and that hurts, still didn't spend any money on the game and have some decent cards. Arenas are the key!

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dont feel like theyre OP tbh. I dont even play with equality in my main deck and only one concecration so obiously that combo is not needed :p

6. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As with nearly any competitive games, I don't consider myself really good at all.
    Up til very recently I played nearly only hunter, not because I was good at it,
    but because I really like Rexxar :p

Though, recently, I discovered that Priest with a decent amount of taunt units,
    and propped full of class spells, especially the copy cards, works pretty nice for
    me :)

7. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like shaman the most. Just wish he had some life game.

8. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I like rogue play a lot. The synergy between cards and their combos are just fun. I recently got into Shaman play too. Their spells are pretty nice overall and the overload is a cool mechanic.

But as a staple, I am always biased towards a lock (maybe because of WoW). I haven't played him in a while, but I can never get sick of the warlock theme.

9. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    This. I agree.

10. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Probably Rouge for me (yes, I know I spelled it wrong, it was intended :p). I love adding +1 or +2 spell power on the field and having 3 damage shivs and 6 damage eviscerates. Gotta love spells ^^

11. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I agree. +spell damage is just so rewarding. They can turn any ability deadly (and they are insanely good for AoE abilities). Just today, I had an ancient mage and I cast consecrate (= 4 damage, would clear the board). I was so giddy.

... and then it turns out the mage's secret was counterspell. I was just about ready to flip the table at that point. :(

12. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah I can think of a very few games that made me as mad as this one

13. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a better one for you, double +2 damage fan of knives. Total of 6 damage +2 cards for some like 4 mana? more or less.

14. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mage obviously.

15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    changed my mind to warlock.. went from rank 15 to rank 10 in 24 hours only playing murloc warlock.. my best rating ever was 14.

I used this deck if anyone wants to try it out.
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15523-murlock-rwlrwlrwl-warlock-murloc

anyway, mages seems to be REALLY popular lately.. I went up againt like 8 mages in a row at rank 14-15.

16. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Beyond any doubt rogue it's the only class I've reached level 60 with even though their decks are pretty weak until they've picked some epics and legendaries I like their combo systems though their early game is centered around the coin. Not to mention that Valeera Sanguinar is one of my favorite characters from the lore.

17. Meticulous

Meticulous

Resources:
    Resources:
    My favorite class is pirate, which can be warrior, rogue, or possibly hunter.

18. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It is actually funny that the combo system isn't available at first. I didn't even know it existed or what it did when I was first playing my rogue. It is kinda interesting that Blizz didn't make any of the combo cards naturally available considering it is so core to the class.

19. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would I have to make a sad guess its because it doesn't make them any money but we have a lot of classes that do have their core cards from start so maybe I'm just being foolish.

20. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Deck: Hunter
    Strategy: Control-Rush

I have about 16 Spell Cards for my deck, and other would be minions card.
    Forgot to mention that I don't have a 5-drop card and above, it's all 4 and below :)
    Maybe someday, I'll get King Krush, but we're going out of topic right now.

My first draw (so far: 90% of the time) will get both Spell Card AND minions.
    Plan is to wait (don't drop any minions cards except Taunt-minions and always on each turn, consider the possible damage taken by your Hero, if it's too risky, drop the cards (usually comes in turn 5~6).

By the turn 7~8, my HP would drop to 20~23, and this is the moment to unleash my minions (or should I say, unleash my HOUNDS :)

I don't even care if my minions will only survive one turn, it's all about the damage done to the enemy hero in one turn + Hero Power.

By now, things have turned, he would go for defensive mode, and if in luck, I would drop the Kill Command to finish off the enemy.