• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #3 - Theme Poll 2

Potential Participants ONLY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, maybe it's good for me to reiterate what I envisioned with my wacky theme.

How to make it work?
  • Take a base skeletal or zombified character
  • Figure out whether you want an alterative form or constant light effects
  • Use PKB effects, freshnell-colors, extra additive geoset of non skeletal form appear on top etc. etc.

Staying within Warcraft universe
  • A lightforged character of sorts that is undead (not Dreadlord, those are quite alive)
  • Arthas' sister Calia Menethil, or some character affiliated with her
  • Possibly a construct, but it has to have actual remains within it, otherwise it's not undead

Going outside of Warcraft lore altogether
  • Skeletal remains of a solar cult's priest are reanimated by light (literally fitting the theme)
  • Warhammer-esque Nehekharan character gets reanimated by Ptra (the sun God) or another fantasy Egyptian character is reanimated by one of the gods (not the death/shadow ones of course)
  • Depending on the culture and faith holy fire also fits perfectly, but generally it should be someone associated with the sun or holiness, not rivers or underworld (can be a god of war, if he's depicted with holy flames and something associated with light)
  • Invent your own character if you want to

Imagery and Movie scenes for inspiration

Pharaoh's guard and magic spell dragging the sorcerer's evil soul away.

Real life holy saint remains (imagine them being reanimated to fight some evil)
Saint_Pancratius.jpg CF025139.jpg 330-burglen-wide-shots-vertical-3.jpg

Alright, maybe it's good for me to reiterate what I envisioned with my wacky theme.

How to make it work?
  • Take a base skeletal or zombified character
  • Figure out whether you want an alterative form or constant light effects
  • Use PKB effects, freshnell-colors, extra additive geoset of non skeletal form appear on top etc. etc.

Staying within Warcraft universe
  • A lightforged character of sorts that is undead (not Dreadlord, those are quite alive)
  • Arthas' sister Calia Menethil, or some character affiliated with her
  • Possibly a construct, but it has to have actual remains within it, otherwise it's not undead

Going outside of Warcraft lore altogether
  • Skeletal remains of a solar cult's priest are reanimated by light (literally fitting the theme)
  • Warhammer-esque Nehekharan character gets reanimated by Ptra (the sun God) or another fantasy Egyptian character is reanimated by one of the gods (not the death/shadow ones of course)
  • Depending on the culture and faith holy fire also fits perfectly, but generally it should be someone associated with the sun or holiness, not rivers or underworld (can be a god of war, if he's depicted with holy flames and something associated with light)
  • Invent your own character if you want to

Imagery and Movie scenes for inspiration

Pharaoh's guard and magic spell dragging the sorcerer's evil soul away.

Real life holy saint remains (imagine them being reanimated to fight some evil)
View attachment 392414 View attachment 392415 View attachment 392416
What do you think of Valkyr? If stay in wc universe

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Looks like Undead will be the theme.
You guys ready for a 3rd HD modeling contest? :) Then I'll start setting things up!

@Azurot @Ardenaso @Raddazong @Varask @Barorque @vindorei @Bagysta @Mr Ogre man @Vulfar @Darious @deme3s @Tamplier @VictorZ

How does this theme description sound?

Contestants must create a HD model that is related to an Undead theme; that is, not necessarily the Undead race from Warcraft, but any Undead entity e.g. humanoid, creature, entity, a combination of mech and dead flesh etc.. The key element is that your entry pertain to the Undead theme i.e. reanimation, either by the powers of light, darkness or science.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Looks like Undead will be the theme.
You guys ready for a 3rd HD modeling contest? :) Then I'll start setting things up!

@Azurot @Ardenaso @Raddazong @Varask @Barorque @vindorei @Bagysta @Mr Ogre man @Vulfar @Darious @deme3s @Tamplier @VictorZ

How does this theme description sound?

Contestants must create a HD model that is related to an Undead theme; that is, not necessarily the Undead race from Warcraft, but any Undead entity e.g. humanoid, creature, entity, a combination of mech and dead flesh etc.. The key element is that your entry pertain to the Undead theme i.e. reanimation, either by the powers of light, darkness or science.
don't mind if I also tag @Fugrim @liptonite @dehme and @fran bel here

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I'm not very into undeads, but if I found inspiration afterall i'll be glad to participate
Sounds good :) Also, in case you don't participate, we also need judges for the contest.
Hey there, currently we cant participate in this contest because of personal obligations. I'm moving in a different country and Deme3s is heavily focused on the development of our mod. But we are looking forward for the outcome.
I understand. Like i said above, in case you can't participate perhaps you'd be interested in becoming a judge instead?
Thank you! I was looking forward to the next contest for HD models. How does one participate? Need to put my name somewhere?
Sounds good. Sorry that I didn't tag everyone. Read the contest guidelines on how to participate: HD Modeling Contest #3 - Undead

Level 35
Sounds good :) Also, in case you don't participate, we also need judges for the contest.

I understand. Like i said above, in case you can't participate perhaps you'd be interested in becoming a judge instead?

Sounds good. Sorry that I didn't tag everyone. Read the contest guidelines on how to participate: HD Modeling Contest #3 - Undead
Ah stupid me just saw that it's now on the main page of hive :D Thank you!

I'm not very into undeads, but if I found inspiration afterall i'll be glad to participate
Same here. I am not a fan of the undead. Only to kill them :))

Status
Not open for further replies.