• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hayate Random Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely concept. Don't forget that raptors and most predatory dinosaurs walked on their toes. Meaning that they had a digitigrade walk. Yours looks anatomically incorrect.

Here's a quick example made by me:

View attachment 256815

Ohhh Silly me, no wonder I couldn't get it right no matter why

Thank you very much

Anyway Here's more, Gotta fix the leg soon
rex-armour-png.256816

Attachments

• Rex Armour.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 229
Level 49
please, give more attentions on line\coloring clearness, i mean when you draw an detalised part - spend few minutes let your line made by two touches in the point of collision don't look interrupted. Giving such a smooth looking to your art will greatly increase it's overall quality.
Also, about coloring and shaping, seems like you touch your stuff warily, like you afraid to ruin the whole art, but the irony is that these pale timid colors ruin it much more, make it look sketchy. Give moar attention to fill your outline carcass with pure colors.
With best regards :) Once every amateurs artist becomes a pearl, so, keep your artworking.

please, give more attentions on line\coloring clearness, i mean when you draw an detalised part - spend few minutes let your line made by two touches in the point of collision don't look interrupted. Giving such a smooth looking to your art will greatly increase it's overall quality.
Also, about coloring and shaping, seems like you touch your stuff warily, like you afraid to ruin the whole art, but the irony is that these pale timid colors ruin it much more, make it look sketchy. Give moar attention to fill your outline carcass with pure colors.
With best regards :) Once every amateurs artist becomes a pearl, so, keep your artworking.

thank you for the feedback, I will note down those things

Last edited:
Glad to see you posting stuff once again! I've seen you've started using Spline? neat stuff! I'd love to see more sharp volumes though, your use of brush makes the outline of your chracters quite blurry from upclose.

Spline? What is that?
For the blurry outline, any tips to fix that? Because o tried to make it not blur but i dont seem to know how to do it

Now i decided i wanted to make myself a proffesional concept artist (which is like so far away), so i decided to draw everyday, i just hope that it wont cause a negative effect without someone's guidance

@Mr.Goblin do you have any tips what practice should i do to improve? To be honest im kinda just blindly practicing right now so would like to ask what should i do to walk this payh

I was at somewhere with terrible Internet connection so I couldnt post anything here
I decided to Spend more time on this one piece, It is still WIP and is not done, Im still working on it :p It is the Troll Warbringer designed by Kybri0 where he requested me to make a model for him, I made a nice little concept art as well for fun :p

Any tips or things to improve please tell me, I need some guidance in giving him texture and lighting, if you guys can give me any tips it would be great, now It feels like I only apply Ambient Occlusion to him only

This is probably the drawing I spent the longest time working on
Any Critics and tips would be gladly accepted, be harsh if need, but please gives useful pointers that I can use to improve my work, I really want to improve my skills.

Troll2.jpg

Le Model.PNG

UPDATE:
Somehow the Feather is really distracting, Im not sure how to draw them, anyone have any idea how i can fix this?
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 7.58.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Level 28
Damn Hayate it looks awesome!

You said you want some criticism on your 2d art, well dude, you're doing a great work already, but you really need to get those sharp volumes right. The edges of the shapes you draw are too blurre/sluggish/undefined, they need to have sharper edges to look more solid and firm. Like doing some serious shading.

I took some random troll fan art from to use as example of shading: here. The highlights/shadows have a very defined line, look at how the author made it so dramatic.

In my amateurish eyes, this shading thing would be your next step. Anyway, I really enjoyed the concept and execution (specially the model, wow), so congratulations on that, really!

I've been doing a shitload of blind contour (which doesnt look nice at all) practices, alot of geometric shape fundalmental practices and some perspective practices and some still lifes, so I didnt able to post much things here, but anyway, just showing some of my practices here that isn't too shit

Hopefully I will come back to digital and start painting again in 2 - 3 weeks :D, With a slightly better fundamentals :D

Any thing to suggest for me to add into my practice is welcome
I keep drawing the same object over and over again not sure if that is an efficient way to improve or not

IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_3743.JPG
IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG
IMG_4461.JPG
IMG_4629.JPG