• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help me and Hayate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Error.jpg

It happens when I and Hayate press the map only! only that map! Anyone knows what error is it?:goblin_cry:

Level 4
I remember this happening to me, I think it has to do with corruption. Best of luck, im sure someone has a solution to this problem; for now I suggest resorting to an older version of your map and not repeating whatever it is that you recently added.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I would be really glad if someone knows a solution to this problem as it happens to every map I try to select in Singleplayer.

Level 15
I would be really glad if someone knows a solution to this problem as it happens to every map I try to select in Singleplayer.

I found the solution for your problem!

1. Right-click your war3 frozen throne icon shortcut.
2. Click -Properties-
3. Click -Compability-
4. Click the run this program and set to windows 7 or which windows you have.
5. Enjoy!

:goblin_boom:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I found the solution for your problem!

1. Right-click your war3 frozen throne icon shortcut.
2. Click -Properties-
3. Click -Compability-
4. Click the run this program and set to windows 7 or which windows you have.
5. Enjoy!

:goblin_boom:

No, still same bug as you posted in post #1 :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The error appears to be a segmentation fault. The process tried to dereference a null pointer which resulted in an illegal read instruction (page containing address 0 does not allow reads).

This might not necessarily be the truth however as the error dialog has been known to report errors incorrectly (especially ones involving virtual method calls on garbage). Chances still are.

That is all one can get from that error message. You will need to upload the map for further tests to be carried out to find out the exact cause.

If it is a publicly obtained map then it could be corrupted or intended for a modded version of WC3. If it is your map and the map is still able to be edited in World Edit then there must be some logical error with the map. If it is your map but cannot be edited any more (editor throws an error) then chances are it has become corrupted so you should restore to a previous version or backup copy.

Such an error could be caused by the map script file. When the lobby for a map is loaded I recall it executing a function from the map script to help populate the lobby. If the map script is invalid or contains an error that results in a crash then it is possible to cause such a fatal error.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Is your game fully patched?
Yes

@Dr_Super_Good: You refer it to a map, but it happens to me after I opened map section in single player. I am not even able to see what map I played last.
The error occurred in former times only after selecting several maps, now it occurs immediately.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One of the maps in the list must be corrupted since WC3 queries the header of all of them. Since it affects you and "Hayate" you probably both downloaded the corrupted map at the same time.

Rename the "Maps" folder in the installation directory of WC3 to some other name and put a dummy empty folder in its place. If it still crashes either the installation of WC3 is broken (corrupt or insufficient privileges, try running it as an administrator) or your WC3 registry is corrupt (manually go through it and remove fields that seem invalid).

One of the maps in the list must be corrupted since WC3 queries the header of all of them. Since it affects you and "Hayate" you probably both downloaded the corrupted map at the same time.

Rename the "Maps" folder in the installation directory of WC3 to some other name and put a dummy empty folder in its place. If it still crashes either the installation of WC3 is broken (corrupt or insufficient privileges, try running it as an administrator) or your WC3 registry is corrupt (manually go through it and remove fields that seem invalid).

What if i tell u that rex. Is the maker of that map O.O
Anyway, its fixed, he mention something like picture or something

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Okay, I will try it, at the moment mobile.
Thank you !

EDIT: Thank you, Doctor, works perfectly fine now ! Although I lost around 70% of my downloaded custom maps because I was too lazy to search for the corrupted one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

It has happened to me a lot times before on some particular maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.