• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble w/ MdlxConv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone. I'm new here but I was wondering if I did everything right or is it just my comp? anyway, i have this cool model of a planet i made in 3dsmax and i exported it to an mdl using dex's helpful plugin. now, though, when i try and export into an .mdx with mdlxconv i get a wierd error message "Line 15: unexpected in a bitmap chunck"

the code is as follows for the mdl
Code:
// 'DeX Version: 0.186m
Version {
	FormatVersion 800,
}
Model "planet1" {
	BlendTime 150,
}
Sequences 1 {
	Anim "stand" {
		Interval { 0, 9600 },
	}
}
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "Textures/planet1.BLP",
		ReplaceableId 1,
	}
}
Materials 1 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 0,
		}
	}
}
my .blp file is root\Textures\planet1.blp as it was specified in the block of code... not sure what i'm doing wrong. any help is much appreciated! thx

*edit*

whoops i resolved the issue. my slashes were the wrong way :]

*edit2*

well now its putting the model up as checkered boxes in the wc3 world editor... it says "Error: could not open units\custom\planet1.mdl"

i have the files in the following directory(s)

"units\custom\textures\planet1.blp"
"units\custom\planet1.mdx"
"units\custom\planet1.mdl"

*edit3*

hmm it seems that my .mdx is only ~900 bytes when there's a footman mdx i exported which is 100kb... that seems like a problem to me. why is the file so small?

*edit4*

aha redid the 3dsmax export and it got a bunch more info this time... problem is, though, now every time i select "units\custom\planet.mdx" from the list when i'm editing a unit model it automatically sets it as .mdl instead. its trying to load a file that i didn't import into the map in the first place! why would it be doing this?

*edit5*

got it to work by replacing units\human\rifleman\rifleman.mdx/.blp but now its just showing up with nothing but my team color... i think i set up the alpha channel correctly. selected means the texture will stay and it won't be clipped off for teamcolor replacement right? *sigh* its just one thing after another

i've tried two different texture code variations and i cant seem to find what' wrong:
Code:
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "planet1.BLP",
		ReplaceableId 1,
	}
}
Code:
Textures 2 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "planet1.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 1,
	}
}
and i haven't done anything with the material block... this why i'm having problems with teamcolor texture?

should be lookin like this:
planetqh2.png

but intead its lookin like this (blue and red own these):
planet2tv7.png

also, when i just put
Code:
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "planet1.BLP",
	}
}
the model doesns't even show up, just the unit's shadow