• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you ever thought of a custom puzzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
2015 is all about puzzles

Hai,

posters don’t cut it for me anymore, photos are all digital and wand tattoos are gay, so I came up with the idea of hanging up a jigsaw puzzle using a custom motive.
It just so happened that I HNNNNGGG’d at a certain 'selfmade' wallpaper of mine, so I took it as motive and processed the order via interwebs.
The puzzle of 2000pcs arrived a few days ago, measured 90x67cm and was delivered in two packs, 1000pcs each.

By the end of Day 1, only the borders were done.

The second day delivered eyes, a bunch of lines and a part of the shelf on the right.

Day three was also pretty straightforward with a lot of details being filled…

By the end of Day 4, I had the hair portion done and the outside balcony as well.
The hair only had a slight gradient aside from the dark portions, so working was trouble… but not as much as on her pullover.

And after a relaxed weekend and another four or five hours of straight puzzling, it was done just a few minutes ago. You better check this awesomeness out!

Said huge puzzle is now waiting for the frame to be delivered. I’m going to hang it on the wall behind my book I guess…
In any case, you guys should consider buying a large puzzle for your rooms – it looks absolutely fantastic, covers a huge portion of the wall and on top of that, such a puzzle is unique by it’s own.
Nobody else has something like that.
Yay~

Last edited:
Level 28
The finalized piece looks like this, all framed up and cleaned...
The frame just arrived a few minutes ago.
If you wonder how much one pays for such an unique puzzle + frame; it's 75eur - not very cheap.
Yay~

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_122149.jpg
    IMG_20151121_122149.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 91

Roland

R

Roland

Lovely puzzle you have there, Squiggy, but did you glued all of it to prevent it from falling again? I kinda like your puzzle :3 Is it available in stores?

Roland

R

Roland

Wow that's just awesome, I wish I can make these kinds of puzzles but with my family portrait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.