• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you bought any skins, which is your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
As the title indicates the question is have you bought any skins and if you've bought more than you care to count which one's your favorite?

For me I've only bought one skin and as a "hardcore" blood elf fan it is a must own. The skin is of course the deadly Ranger General Sylvanas. She also happens to be my second favorite character right after Tyrande Whisperwind.

heroes-sylvanas-ranger-general-skin-620.jpg

Level 35
I've bought too many, to be honest.

Off the top of my head: Magni Bronzebeard, Festival Li Li and Chen, Vampire Slayer Valla,
Medic and Judgement Uther and Buccaneer Falstad.

I think my favourite skin must be the Sgt. Doomhammer skin, even though I don't own
it. And out of the ones that I do, my definitive favourite is Judgement Uther, although
Buccaneer Falstad makes a good second.

Contrary to WhiteFang, I think Blizzard has produced a lot of great skins for this game.

Level 24
I've bought too many, to be honest.

Off the top of my head: Magni Bronzebeard, Festival Li Li and Chen, Vampire Slayer Valla,
Medic and Judgement Uther and Buccaneer Falstad.

I think my favourite skin must be the Sgt. Doomhammer skin, even though I don't own
it. And out of the ones that I do, my definitive favourite is Judgement Uther, although
Buccaneer Falstad makes a good second.

Contrary to WhiteFang, I think Blizzard has produced a lot of great skins for this game.

I agree I like so many of the skins but I'm trying to not spend half a fortune on skins I'm going to use twice.

Level 24
Oh yes, Valla has some really awesome skins. It's a sad thing though her original voice previous to Reaper of Souls intimidated the shit out of me and the new one doesn't quite cut it.

I also adore kittens. ^^

Level 15
I haven't bought any skins (no money) but I do have a list of skins I plan to buy in the close yet far away future: Apothecary Morales, Demonic Tyrael, Love Bug Anub'Arak, Flying Monkey Brightwing, Desert Queen Zagara, Warden Tyrande, Pure Country ETC, Insectoid Zagara, Explorer Li Li, Lurkablo Diablo, Kaijo Diablo, Succubus Kerrigan, Magni Muradin, Wrath Sonya, Vampire Slayer Valla and High Templar Zeratul.
And mounts I only like the Magic Carpet.

And again I haven't bought anything, this is just a wish list and damn I wish you could gift stuff in this game.

Level 21
I don't spend money on skins and stuff since my country's economy is so weak that the stuff that you consider cheap is a fortune to me.10 euros?That's a frikken fortune to me,I can buy a hell lot of stuff with that if I convert it to our country's currency.Anyway,the Shan'do Illidan and Betrayer Malfurion skins look pretty good to me

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
In the bigger picture it might not be a lot.

If you buy a mount, you can use that in every single game you play. If you spend 6 hours per day in Heroes of the Strom, it's about as much value as you can get out of anything you buy in life.

Going to the cinema in Sweden easily costs 10$ and I am not counting the snacks you usually get together with that. That's 2 hours enjoyment.

Level 21
I just don't see the point in buying a skin or mount.I personally don't get any enjoyment out of it.It may look cool and I may brag a lot about it but eventually I'm going to grow tired of it and then it will have no further value.(not like it had any value in the first place)

I've recently bought the StormPunk skin for Kael'thas along with the Dire Wolf mount skin.
I have always said that buying skins is not for me, but I am a big steampunk fan so I didn't have choice! And I love that skin.

The wolf. I love wolf mounts as well as steampunk. Oh the days I ran Azeroth with my orc hunter on her epic wolf mount. So I had no choice there either.

I am not planing on buying anymore even though I think a whole bunch of the skins are friggin awesome.

Last edited:
Level 35
Tomorrow I will be buying this skin:

dehaka_mecha_hd.jpg

I don't like the standard tint (on the picture) but the blue and black tints are dope.
Besides: Dehaka is love, Dehaka is life.

If you're curious why I'm buying it tomorrow, it's because from tomorrow (02.06) all
the way until the 16th there will be a special offer where if you buy something,
anything, you will get the Hell Billie and Billie the Kid mounts for free. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.