• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have U ever played Warcraft I Orcs & Humans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Have U ever played first Warcraft?
It was great game but very imbalanced. There were only 2 races Orcs and Humans. You could maximally select 4 units, there weren't food limitation, so U could made great army. There werent heroes! I think the most imba units was Catapult which could destroy every unit after 1 hit but if unit could meele attack catapult, catapult hadn't chances it was possible to destroy even 3 catapults with 1 grunt but if there was more catapults they were unable to defeat. Humans had a magican which could summon water elemental, it was very big imba unit but Orcish Summone could summon Demon who was dealing much greater dmg than elemental. I was playing Warcraft Orcs & Humans with friends using modem and sometimes LAN.
Those were days... xD

Well, back in time many games were imbalanced. Although it was not so drastic as the races were almost mirrored. But I disagree you could make a great army. The resources were usually so scarce, you could not afford big losses when assaulting an enemy. But some units were extremely overpowered. Not only the catapult, you just train several sorcerers and you summon those godlike ubercreatures and you could easily destroy enemy base just with 4 of them, if you pay attention to catapult (which is, as you stated, another imba unit), especially water elemental is weak to it.

Level 4
Have U ever played first Warcraft?
It was great game but very imbalanced. There were only 2 races Orcs and Humans. You could maximally select 4 units, there weren't food limitation, so U could made great army. There werent heroes! I think the most imba units was Catapult which could destroy every unit after 1 hit but if unit could meele attack catapult, catapult hadn't chances it was possible to destroy even 3 catapults with 1 grunt but if there was more catapults they were unable to defeat. Humans had a magican which could summon water elemental, it was very big imba unit but Orcish Summone could summon Demon who was dealing much greater dmg than elemental. I was playing Warcraft Orcs & Humans with friends using modem and sometimes LAN.
Those were days... xD

never, but has played wc1 campaign in wc3 version :xxd:

Level 17
Haha yeah i also remember the first 'Age of empires' as a total ass game.. with the fucking 'rocket car' cheat omg what crappy games where that compared to now lol.
Yeah lol, I think the cheat was whosyourdaddy, I remember this one time it's AoE damage destroyed my wonder :wconfused:
Anyway, I recently tried warcraft 1, but seriously, it's rather pathetic(IMO, of course). The movement system was annoying and the graphics are.. meh.

Level 11
Haha I saw it at a yard sale and I jut had to get it. But i tried to grit my teeth and finish it but i got like 3 campaigns in and that was enough. The story line on it is covered in the books anyways so i'm covered.

Level 39
Haha yeah i also remember the first 'Age of empires' as a total ass game.. with the fucking 'rocket car' cheat omg what crappy games where that compared to now lol.

Say what? Crappy games? I would choose WC1 over WoW any day. If they hadn't made that great game, there wouldn't be a Warcraft III nor a WoW. And AOE an ass game??? That was like, one of the greatest games ever. My childhood game along with Warcraft II. And compared to the games made now?? Todays games suck big time. The big game producing companies, like Blizzard, has really lost their touch over the years. Just take a look at WoW. There you have an example of an ass game.
And to answer the question: Yes, I've played it and loved it!

Level 11
Yeah but to choose WoW over WC! Right now it's pretty easy choice although WoW gets boring, and annoying. I think most people agree too i mean how many people played wc1 compared to how many played like any blizzard game, cept don't compare the vikings one, they will be about equal.

Level 14
I played a lot of wc1 games. I even learned savegame edition with hex editors on this game (adding units like Brigand and Slime to player, normally impossible).

the only imbalance I remember were archers having +1 range compared to spearmen.

yes it was multiplayer.

and movement system was nice... at least compared to dune 2, in warcraft 1 you could have selected few units at once, it was quite shocking for people in this time.

oh and there was a food limit... i remember having to build farms :/

Level 7
In WC1 u were really able to make a great army when playing against great
n00b ;)

I think WC3>WoW because WoW is still the same killing mobs,quest which main objective is to kill mobs etc. but PvP is cool ;)

Warcraft 1 was really great game in early 90's

Tauer u said that EA is making good games now?
I don't agree because they are only buyind Developers like for example Crieton Games and tell them to make new Burnout every year...
They made games like Burnout,NfS, FIFA kind games (i mean every year new ediion/expansion pack with lot of stupid bugs and only few changes).
And all their games are multiplatform.
I heard that one of bosses in EA wants to make a future like this tha U are going to shop, there is only 1 games platform which contains a PC,Playstation,Nintendo etc systems and u are able to play every game on it...
omg i hope it wouldn't be so!

Level 20
Warcraft 1 was my first RTS ever! I prefer it to the entire saga(wc3 apart) because it was ORIGINAL. I mean, first, was the first RTS ever(correct me if i'm wrong), second, orcs and humans were ONLY orcs and humans!! No f**king dwarves, gnomes, trolls, elves of any type, griffin/Dragons, undeads(skeleton apart), naga, etc. etc. etc. The only "fantasy thing" were summoners, the "merlin mage white bearded, blue dressed" Conjurer, and its MITIQUE counterpart Warlock: The Church, the stable, the KENNEL(never seen after) and upgrades never seen after(breeding faster horses/wolves). Wc1 was the best for me. Certainly there is to be sad about graphic and interface but.....let me say it, best game ever! Nicest games are always first ones(see Street Fighter II ;) )

Anyway, there is a secondary reason why i'm sayin all of this stuff.
I'm currently working on creating WC1 from WC3 ;)
I think i'll share the proj as soon as i'll talk to admins(shortly).

Cya all ^^

Level 8
i never play warcraft 1 but, i think it was good and orc were bad guy.

Deskalada is that like virse free.

Level 45
I wish I was old enough to play it when it came out. But I grew up with number 2, and that's fine with me.

I grew up with both, I still remember ...many many years ago...
I remember it, yes I do...those were great times, we were computer game crazed so badly..
Wc2 and Sc were the kings of the time, but wc1 before those 2, that was god....

Level 8
I downloaded the Warcraft 1 game to know how it was like. It was alright but the real game I grew up with was Wc2. If only it had a trigger editor, it would have been awesome.

Level 7
Yea WC2 was good also but i was too young for triggers when WC2 was launched xD about WC1 agin:

I also thought about recreating map "Swamps 6" into WC3. You know copying all usits and their costs, and of course all imbas from WC1. But dont have idea how to create road. Maybe U remember in WC1 if u wanted to build new building u need to make a road...

Archers was bit better than spearthrowers because of range and attack speed, but they were more expensive i dont think it was imba.

Level 2
i remeber that shame it doesn't work for me now i'll have to download it and then see.

deamons take best unit position shame noone has one for wc3

Level 7
wc1ef4.jpg

wc12eg1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.