• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has Blizz fixed the WASD / Mouse click latency issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey I'm on vacation right now, so I haven't been able to play Starcraft II yet :)cry:). I'm trying to come up with ideas for some multiplayer maps possibly using the WASD keys to move, but I remember in the Beta the response time for any map using WASD or mouse click triggers were almost as bad as in WC3.

So has Blizz fixed this yet, or have they said anything about it?

Level 19
?

there were nothing wrong with the WASD in movement as far as i was concerned. mine worked fine. if its the chopiness your talking about, thats because of you making the unit face the same direction every 0.01 sec :hohum:

my map's WASD + click attack works fine (except for the damage portion lol)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The latency will always be there. It is impossible to not have latency when singals are traveling around the world. Unlike games like Alien Spawn where they use local syncronization, Starcraft uses parrallel syncronization meaning each clien keeps in sync at about the same rate. Because this means the order has to reach everyone before it can be processed, there will be a delay.

I do agree that the minimum delay must be lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.